Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Piano?

• 15-08-2005 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Id like to learn a few pieces on the piano, not be anything serious like.
    We have a piano at home and i used play the accordian for yrs when young so i think i could pick it up pretty fast.
    Any one got any tips or links?
    If i bought a little keyboard woould it help as im only home once a week at the mo. or are smaller keyboards just to plain small to be any use for learning piano?

id like to learn tubular bells and some other common movie songs if i could

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

If you are a guitarist try moving your riffs from guitar to piano as an exercise...

e.g.
    Sweet Child of Mine (intro, interlude over chords sounds cool)
    StreetSpirit
    Stairway to Heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Try looking for a book called 'The Complete Piano Player' it is a series that takes you thru various stages and tutorials, and has famous hits and stuff as practice pieces. I used it to teach myself when I was in school! Fantastic book!

http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/03855/details.html

Advertisement