Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus CD stereo + i-river mp3: How to connect

Options
  • 15-08-2005 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi there,
    how can I connect an i-river mp3 player to a ford focus cd stereo ?

anyone familiar with gadgets that plug into cigarette lighter and broadcast to fm, to be picked up by radio?

Any other way to hook these two up without replacing the stereo?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I have an iRiver h-340 and just use it for my car, I "connect" it to the car stereo using iRiver's very own FM transmitter. Quality is very good, but getting your hands on one can be difficult. The are illegal to use in Ireland due to the fact that thay are FM transmitters but you can leagally own one! (Go figure).

So to buy one, but not use in Ireland (as that would be illegal) :D

http://www.egears.co.uk/pd_iriver_aft100_mobile.cfm

You'll get it cheaper in the US, just getting them to ship to Ireland is difficult and expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Looks like the kind of thing I'm after. It's a 5gig Iriver h10. Will that work with that product? Is there a generic transmitting product that I could use in future with other things, say an ipod for instance.
    Does that thing work generically or must it talk to an iriver only?

Thanks for the tip

It's a generic FM transmitter that will work with any i-River or audio device, the only i-River element is the colour coding of the device. So if you go the iPod route you can still use it for that.

Nice device, gives really good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

The AFT is compatable with all of the range so far as Im aware but I advise checking the estore at misticriver as there may be some offers, see the signature, Jeff I believe has the H10 FM transmitter that is designed for it and the exchange rate is ideal these days. If the focus has an AUX port use that for the best possible quality. Search the site for AUX to get more info.

And whatever Astec123 said - I ain't gonna argue with a "moderator at MisticRiver the genuine and only iRiver community you need" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

hehe 19000 members is a clear sign of our popularity. But there are several ways to connect to the stereo but the AUX port is for audio lovers, FM transmitter is more for casual listening. But if you take the audio seriously AUX is the only way to go, it is also cheaper and legal. But not all cars have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

yup thanks for this

Focus doesn't have aux - hence the mess of getting a transmitter. Cheers for the help

Advertisement