Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head Shop in Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Thread re-opened as it's proving hard than I'd imagined to get a clear-cut answer.

For the time being, discussion for the shop, the products they stock, opening times, directions etc. is fine. Talking about how to do 'illegal tings' is not.

Use your common sense, and if you can't, don't bother posting the message as it'll probably be deleted and could get you banned for a week.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'd like to bake some garlic mushrooms, but I'm unsure as to the legal status. Can you clarify please John?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

baking = drying = preparing. illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

To the person wondering: In England it is indeed now 100% illegal to have mushies in any form. It was made law about 2-3 months ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

LadyLotts wrote:
    In England it is indeed now 100% illegal to have mushies in any form.

100% illegal to have CERTAIN KINDS OF mushies in any form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I hope they dont clarify the law in Ireland because then they would have to make them 100% illegal (drugs are bad) and my family (and most farmers) would have to be arrested for letting them grow in our back garden.

They sell other stuff there too tho like salvia divinorum which works unlike any other hallucinogen and there has been very little study done into it's longterm effects which is always a worry. I'd steer clear of that tbh untill more is known about it.

Q: Are mushroom growkits illegal? The reason I ask is that you dont actually purchase the mushrooms that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Who "bakes" Garlic mushrooms anyway..

DEEP FRY FOR THE WIN

Edit: I'm really hungry know, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr_G^_^

i love that shop those guys will be celebraties an untouchable legion of mings

DRakE wrote:
    Who "bakes" Garlic mushrooms anyway..

DEEP FRY FOR THE WIN

Edit: I'm really hungry know, thanks.

You dont eat those mushrooms, you use them as incense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

For those of you who are interested here's an email I got from information@comhairle.ie regarding the legal status of magic mushrooms. They didn't answer my question about sale of them directly but presuming that they only become illegal when they are 'treated' then it would follow that untreated mushrooms can be sold legally.

Thank you for your query dated 30th August 2005.

I have contacted the Department of Justice on your behalf and they have
    given me
    the following information :

Magic mushrooms become an illegal substance when they are treated in
    any way.
    This includes drying them or preparing them for consumption.

For further information on this area please contact :

Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform,
    94 St. Stephens Green,
    Dublin 2.

• Advertisement

Q: Are mushroom growkits illegal? The reason I ask is that you dont actually purchase the mushrooms that way.

it is legal to grow them, it's only the preparing that'll get you in trouble otherwise like you said half the country would be locked up. AFAIK it's illegal to knowingly germinate the seeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Greasepaint

Is hash legal in Galway?

No, it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It sure is! Come on down and bring your friends for the big annual hashfest every Oct 1st outside Mill Street Garda Station he he

Anyone care to post up directions or a website for this shop?

They usually have various ornaments and textiles which I'd be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Oh why yes, their ornaments are rather delightful and attractive good sir!

Find buttermilk lane on shop st (there's a gateway into it under Anthony Ryans. Get to the end and you'll see the church, there's an alley to the left of the church, it's on this lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

For the seedier gentlemen around, ^^^^ It's near the sex shop

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

SyxPak wrote:
    I'm going to have to temporarily lock this thread until I clarify the exact legal situation regarding mushrooms. First person to PM me a link to an authorative Irish site clearly explaining what is and isn't legal with regard mushrooms gets a pat on the head.

Before you cry freedom, let me explain:
    It has been my experience that those who follow a certain lifestyle are often overly näive and ignorant of the damage they are having on their own interests and are the first to complain when steps have to be taken to avoid placing those responsible for the content of sites like Boards.ie in legal jeopardy.

Read: Stop talking about how cabbaged you were the last night you morons. There is no such thing as a right to free speech on any site on the internet. The hostmasters are generally answerable for the content of the sites they administer and as such could face legal difficulty because you are too foolish, lazy or selfish to simply allude to your activities instead of stating them outright. I know Galway has a certain reputation, and I'm proud of that in a way, but don't take the piss.

DO NOT REFER TO THE DRYING, BAKING, HEATING OR DEHYDRATION OF PARTICULAR SPECIES OF FUNGI.

When I'm sure of what is and isn't legal to post, I'll re-open this thread as I want to find out if this store sells any clothes made from hemp - I'm looking for a pair of combats that I can be buried in several decades from now.

I think you need to go back to law school there mate - it's not abortion information people are discussing here.

Number6 wrote:
    For the seedier gentlemen around, ^^^^ It's near the sex shop
    it's near one of the sexshops. I havent been down there yet, something about large queues forming outside for particular types of not-for-consumption incense has put me off. I hope they put a stop to that carry on otherwise they'll shoot themselves in the foot.

Mr Man wrote:
    I think you need to go back to law school there mate - it's not abortion information people are discussing here.

[strike]I think you can go suck my cock, your ass isn't on the line.[/strike]

stfu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Greasepaint

Do they sell cocaine in this shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mr Man wrote:

Eh, abortion information is legal. To the extent that one's right to it is legally protected within our constitution.

Muppet.

greasepaint is the biggest muppet!yes 0f course they sell cocaine and the little fairies work at the counter!!!!!!!!

Those are baggies of sherbert. Honest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

/me remembers when clinton bombed a sherbert factory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dorchadas

Do they sell cocaine in this shop?
    :o

Is hash legal in Galway??? Oh ya of course, but once you reach the town hall forget about it.

as for the coke, try the sweet factory, think you best stick to the fizzy kind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

On Thursday night......
    I met a man, who was fired up on shrooms......

Told me, my mate had a sexy head and he would like to eat her face!

What a wonderful time we live in! :D

sounds like a chat up line from CP's. But sure you don't ya get all that talk and more from the ones on buckie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Me, thinks he was on the buckie aswell......

Very creepy..... explaining how he liked people's heads, and if possible would like to eat their faces.....

After that, he ran away from eyre square in the direction of Shop Street!

• Advertisement

sounds like a really nice guy,

oh and whoever asked for the map to be put up this is the best i can do at the minute but i think it shows everything needed

head.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement