Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing horn

Options
  • 15-08-2005 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭

Any idea what's involved with replacing a horn in a car, and where I might look to get one?

My wife's car has a pathetic little "meep meep" apology for a horn, and she has expressed the desire for something a little more, shall we say, "robust" :) I've already looked around a couple of motor accessory shops, but I'm not looking for something that plays Colonel Bogey in the key of B-flat or that has a multitude of bright red trumpets sticking out of the radiator grille, just something a little LOUDER !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Like a fire engine horn, like they had on Pimp my ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

seamus wrote:
    Like a fire engine horn, like they had on Pimp my ride?
    Could come in handy now and then for some of those "fast lane" hoggers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Yeah, if you're just looking to replace the horn device itself and know of a cars who's meep-meep you like, then why now go to a breakers yard and get a replacement horn? Modern day car horns are electric powered, just simply connect the two cables and off you go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Get one from a cashed beemer in a scrapyard or a fiat bravo it has 2 horns in the one unit so it sounds very meaty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

what car is this pathetic horn on?

I know mitsubishi colts/lancers have an embarrasing beep?
    ..alsmost as bad as a ferraris, lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Hi,

Anyone know a good mechanic on the Finglas area / nth side.

Friend needs small bit of body work needs doing / anti rust measures
    and boot leaking.

Thnaks

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

hedgeh0g wrote:
    Hi,

Anyone know a good mechanic on the Finglas area / nth side.

Friend needs small bit of body work needs doing / anti rust measures
    and boot leaking.

Thnaks

Better if you started a new thread for this rather then placing in somone elses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Most motor factors stock the dual electric horns which would be louder that the moped style one you have at the minute!You can also get a 2trumpet airhorn from them,im sure there illegal but there good for halting busses and taxi drivers who try cut you up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Alun wrote:
    My wife's car has a pathetic little "meep meep" apology for a horn, and she has expressed the desire for something a little more, shall we say, "robust" :)
    (I've never heard of a woman who didn't want a good big horn ;))

She'll want one of these car horns then-
    http://www.compfused.com/directlink/943/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

My Alfasud has the same "meep meep" (great description)eek39co.gif which I just wanted to get rid of straight away.rant.gif

My Golf Gti on the other hand has a great blaster of a horn so I saw one for sale on Ebay and I bought it. I was afraid of fitting one of those trumpet style ones you get in the auto accessories shop in case the NCT boys objected to it.:eek:
    The gti horn is a small device that is easy to fit and will not look any different to the factory one.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement