Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There should be a laughing smilie!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Thaed wrote:
    These are the same reasons there are restrictions on
    sig sizes and having animated sigs.

You do realise that your sig is breaking the rules at the moment :p

I do realise it's advertising a boards event...so imo, as with the Santa strike force, i dont reckon the normal sig rules apply.

Oh and it's annoying McClane which is a good thing too :)

EDIT: actually, those smilies took ages on my 56k dialup...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

down with this sort of crap

try using words to get your point across people,
    only a teenager needs that amount of smileys

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Oh come on, there's always a need for a dancing carrot smiley.

carrot.gif

wooo, look at 'im dance. And, he's a carrot.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

steveland? wrote:
    ninja.gif
    Egads, I didn't know that was in my member space.

That's what happens when you don't delete anything... EVER.

Here's a random picture in there from 2002:

Dnc2.jpg
    Name the oldskoolers?

Also, here's a newspaper article from around the same time about the "new" all night gaming "craze" in Internet cafés ;)
    http://members.boards.ie/cult/Article.jpg

[Edit] and considering the current hype about the Queer Beers & Paintball, here's an old ad made for - possibly - a GLB Paintball event... though possibly the GLB reference was just for effect at the time...
    GLBbanner4_1.gif
    [/Edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Me \/

bangin.sml.gif

/\ Flukey

All I really want is a smiley in Cloud skin that looks sad rather than cross.

:(

A plethora of animated smilies would be more than a tad irritating. If there is one you really love, bookmark it. Several people use Señor perv naughty.gif frequently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

wonderfulll :)
    GLBbanner4_1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

A little smiley doesn't take much space. Whatever bandwith people are using to look at Boards is the same as they use to look anywhere else. If we are using smileys, it is usually only one or two, if any at all. My posts were just demonstrating what is available. Whether people want to use them or not, is up to them, but we should at least have the option. Lighten up. eyes.gif

They can also be used very cleverly like this, which I did on another board, encouraging someone to go to a match. It is just a snapshot, so it loses some of the effect of the moving ones, but you get the idea:

EmotiMatch.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yeah, I get emails like that in work all the time, non stop stream of smilies.

USE YOUR WORDS.

Boards.ie may well end up being one of the last online havens where people speak English instead of a combination of pictures and textspeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Flukey wrote:
    They can also be used very cleverly like this, which I did on another board, encouraging someone to go to a match. It is just a snapshot, so it loses some of the effect of the moving ones, but you get the idea:

I seriously doubt I would ever take the time out to decipher such a message.

• Advertisement

Wow, I love the blue post with all the smileys, can't wait for boards to be like that.
    carrot.gif WOOHOO!!

Here ye go Shabblydabbly:
    frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Gordon wrote:
    Here ye go Shabblydabbly:
    frown.gif

Success! Gordon, I love you, and want to have your babies.

Score! I'll send the nippers in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

\o/

I can't wait to eat those babies...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Poor babies... frown.gif

It works! *happy dance*

We should be able to put graphics and pictures into After Hours, like we can in most of the other forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Anchorman wrote:
    I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

...you dont report the weather by any chance do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Pay 10 euro to add one to the board.ie database. I'm an idea machine.

Advertisement