Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Wireless with Wireless Router?!

• 15-08-2005 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I just bought a US-Robotics Wireless modem to replace the frankly **** d-link wire based router I was given when I subscribed to DigiWeb. For some fricking reason, when I configure the new wireless router with EXACTLY the same settings the old router had (PPPoE, Username/password etc.) It simply doesn't connect to the net. Is this because Digiweb have some dumb **** rule that disallows anyone to plug in their own router to the AirSpan Modem? HELP ME! the router cost me €110!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Axl

I have them here with a different type of Router - no problem.

Firstly - at least you get a free modem - other wireless ISPs dont bother. Secondly - if i remeber correctly - you need to ensure the connection name must be blank. Worked on mine ...

Is the PPPOE it is using standard type stuff?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Can you clarify exactly what equipment you are using now as your interchaning modem and router in your post and it is difficult to know exactly what you are actually using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Sorry about that, I'm going mental over it so my post probably was jumbled.

I'm using the standard AirSpan modedm that DigiWeb Provide, it doesn't seem to have a model number as the box is plain white and you can't configur eit from your web browser.

I WAS using th D-Link DI-604 Ethernet Router that Digiweb provided me, but I replaced it today with a U.S Robotics Wireless Router, USR5462 which, under the same settings, does not connect to the net.

I seemed to have located where the problem goes wrong, here's the routers log file.

10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : Could not determine remote IP address
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : local Secondary DNS address 83.147.160.2
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : local Primary DNS address 83.147.160.3
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : local IP address 83.147.151.147
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : Username and Password : OK
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : PPPoE starts PPP...
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : PPPoE receive PADS
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : PPPoE sending PADR
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : PPPoE receive PADO
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : PPPoE sending PADI
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : PPPoE Start...
    10 min(s) 59 sec(s) after system power on : PPPoE stop...

What does it mean at the top, that it could not determine the remote IP address, I mean, why the hell can't it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

what is your connection speed like btw ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

512k down
    128k up

I can't understand this thing with the wireless router not working! it's really, really wrecking my buzz now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement