Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge ID cards

• 15-08-2005 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

yay or nay? i havent gotten mine yet, but eagerly anticipating them! taking peoples pictures while theyre drunk, thats going to work out worse than out student cards... and some of those that ive seen are pretty bad :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Lodge ID cards? Taking pictures off people while their drunk? oh oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Jeez, youd swear the staff are taking the piss by doing that. I havent applied for mine, because ive only been in the lodge once withing the last year because i hate the place, so there isnt much point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

yeah got my pic taken while drunk..still waiting to see what it looks like though, cant be as bad as my id photo

When was all this happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Nay.
    What's the point? It's only to inspire a sense of loyalty to the Lodge now that it's actually going to have some competition. Then again I hate the lodge

• Advertisement

Everyone says that, its a dump but sure its mighty crack when your as langers as everyone else. Competition?

Yep, new nightclub opening by the groody roundabout by all accounts. About time too. :D

Oh cool. Near the 24 hour or towards, brookfield?

Brookfield, I think. Can't be certain, but there's a huge unit there off the small roundabout going towards the courtyard etc. that is supposed to be shops and a new club.

Always though that place would have made a fine monastry.

• Advertisement

they did it about 3 weeks ago one friday night.

thats a strange place to put a night club considering the amount of houses around it.

Yeah...
    Thinking about it, my only source is an unreliable friend who used to live in the courtyard. Googling it brings up nothing, so I'm going to stop talking about it until I hear something official.

Rumour spreading guilt absolved....

What, a purple monkey dishwasher? I gotta tell everyone about this.

not wanting to start a flamewar or anything but
    LordChessington [SLAP] Commencing Slap.....please wait.....Slap Initiated.....Running logoff scripts...[/SLAP] :D

New rumour from my unreliable friend:

Swipe into the lodge with your new ID card and you'll be entered into a draw for a prize!
    Wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Where does one get these ID cards? I like prizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭natter

I feel like I'm missing so much being away from UL... Lodge ID cards who would've thought. Why are they bothering wasting money doing that tho, like that whole system is gonna cost a good bit to set up. Giving the place a bit of clean, u know getting the piss and vomity smell outta the place might be a bit more of an investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Redneck_Rebel

IceHawk wrote:
    New rumour from my unreliable friend:

Swipe into the lodge with your new ID card and you'll be entered into a draw for a prize!
    Wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Don't be a silly long haired gowl when he said that to you he was only bullsh1ting you, and I don't think you are one to talk about the lodge. Can I ask you one question, is it one time you gone to the best night clubing experience in Ireland?

In fact any one that tries to argue with the fact that the lodge is the best night club in Limerick I'll track them down and abuse them for a while. I rember one night that I was at the door a bit over the weather my self and a car pulled up. Two males steped out, and in doing so the one that was in the back seat fell over oviously plastered. I was thinking that he was going to be helped outside the gate when the bouncer went over. NOT IN THE FU(KING LODGE. The male was helped up and lead into the Q, "mind your self on the way down" is what the bouncer said. None of that "have you been drinking tonight?", or "not tonight BUD" for no fu(king reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Track me down and abuse me so. I assume there're no costs involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

natter wrote:
    Why are they bothering wasting money doing that tho, like that whole system is gonna cost a good bit to set up.

I think the plan is to turn it into a private members club like the stables and scholars. I think that makes it easier for them to renew their licence.

I got my Lodge ID at the start of the summer - at the moment it gives you about €2 off the admission fee and I think you're going to be able to swipe it and accumulate points for each time you go there and these points will entitle you to free drink and stuff.

It was a great feeling getting a letter sent to me on "The Lodge" headed notepaper.

• Advertisement

Well you do have all the info in your profile delete that and ill do it the hard way I love a challange (except in women, go to the lodge and you'll know what i mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

i heard nightclub up by the entrance to curragh birin too, i live up by there, in bru na gruadan. so im happy, this new nightclub would really cut down on my stumbling home time. incidentally i heard it was owned by the guy who used to own the lodge, dont want to name him tho, have enuff slander-related lawsuits as it is. think ill always be loyal to the lodge, its utter crap, but everyone has come to terms with it. i dont think ive ever met someone who has called the lodge the best nightclub in limerick tho!!!

Actually he called it:
    the best night clubing experience in Ireland

But don't mind him. He's just a country boy who's dazzled by the bright lights of the big city :D

So is the info on the new nightclub accurate, then? It'll at the very least reduce the pressure to get into the Lodge on thursday nights. That's going to be cool.

no, its not definate, but ive heard a couple of people say it for the past couple of months, and if u look at it it does look like a nightclub, Qing area, balcony upstairs, presumably for smokers. the lodge is being done up as well. theres a planning permisson thing up outside on the pillars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hobo Girl

Just came across this forum and as an past ul student I have to say oh the friday nites in the Lodge after spending all evening in the stables(getting free food), I feel all upset even thinking about it, I really really really miss that, enjoy it, haven't came across anything lso easy goin and fun since

I hope that they aren't going to remove the main features the dank, musty stale beer smell. If even one of these went there is a possibility that it wouldn't be the same.
    I know that the lodge is a love it or loath it type of place, I love it, what really bothers me is people like Ice hawk that spent an hour there nearly 2 years ago and gives out all the time about it. If you don't like it shut the fcuk up about it otherwise go there for a night and then I'll respect your opinion, good or bad. By the way screw you, you Scobey knacker. If you were any closer to Myross you'd be in it. I’m a country boy and fcuking proud of it.

to difuse the tension i shall reveal that there are 2 bars goin in the place by c.Birin, should be open by sept, one nightclub beneath a bar, open by xmas, one offie (student needs are being well met) and for our nutrition a Subway. i chatted up a builder. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

keevita wrote:
    i chatted up a builder
    All in the name of defusing the situation :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

They've been building that place for ages. Will be handy, theres loads of students down in curragh birin, groody, brookfield etc.

Been in UL/castletroy for 5 years and I've still never been to the lodge

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote:
    Been in UL/castletroy for 5 years and I've still never been to the lodge
    WHAAATTT??? Even me, being a boring, dry person couldn't achieve that!

Advertisement