Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation

• 15-08-2005 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Girlies- do any of you know any oil free foundations that look like you're not wearing a lot of make up when they're on, but provide decent coverage? Have been using MAC for ages but it's making my skin play up, it's not oil free. Price isn't an issue- anything up to E30.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

Sorry I'm not a girlie but Laura Mercier make superb primer and foundation for a really natural look. They are in BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Girlies- do any of you know any oil free foundations that look like you're not wearing a lot of make up when they're on, but provide decent coverage? Have been using MAC for ages but it's making my skin play up, it's not oil free. Price isn't an issue- anything up to E30.

What Mac foundation are you using? The liquid or compact?
    Do you have oily/combination skin to start with?
    U using a powder to set your make-up?
    Cleansing it off at night?

I know Lancome do an Oilfree foundation dunno what its like though.

Good thing to maybe invest in a MAC stipple foundation brush. It gives your foundation a better, more airbrushed looked. So it don't look like you're wearing much/any make-up. It's brillant and you canuse it for powders also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

MAC Studiotech. That's the creamy compact. And the MAC concealer in the tube- has an applicator like a lipgloss wand. MAC bronzer. Combination skin. Cleanse, tone, and moisturise every night. Exfoliate twice a week.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    MAC Studiotech. That's the creamy compact. And the MAC concealer in the tube- has an applicator like a lipgloss wand. MAC bronzer. Combination skin. Cleanse, tone, and moisturise every night. Exfoliate twice a week.

And what's wrong with it, giving ya spots?? If it is maybe its still too moisturising for ya and you'd be better with Studio Fix Powder foundation. But if you don't like powder maybe try the Laura Mercier foundation. Worked with them once but can't remember what the foundation was like.

That select moisture concealer is probably the wrong concealer for you. Thats for dry skin. I'd go more for the Select Coverup concealor. It's the one in the tube. It's great for under eyes and spots.

Are you still working for MAC?

• Advertisement

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Are you still working for MAC?

I am. :rolleyes:

No way. You're not the girl with the short kinda reddish hair and the mad eyes, are you?

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    No way. You're not the girl with the short kinda reddish hair and the mad eyes, are you?

No I dont look like my avatar! hehe :rolleyes:

Blonde hair, petite, facial piercings? Once took a list off a girl's phone? It was pink.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Blonde hair, petite, facial piercings? Once took a list off a girl's phone? It was pink.

No, Im only new. BUt I know a good bit about products. Kinda gettin off topic here in fairness. :o

• Advertisement

Sorry sorry. I was in MAC today, actually. MAC don't make oil free products, no? That's a total pity- they'd sell well because MAC is such a recognised name.

Well the only oils in the products would be natural/essential oils. Have you ever tried the oil control lotion? I haven't tried it myself but customers do rave about it. Or try the Studio Fix powder foundation. Go in and ask one of the girls or guy to try the powder on you and see how you go. Also ask them to use the stipple foundation brush on you. ;)

Otherwise, Lancome have Teint Idole (I think) thats oil free and Estee Lauder has an oil free one aswell, think Double wear is oil free. I find most oil free foundations are heavy though and can look cakey!

Ugh, cakey... not a good look. I wouldn't ask the guy- dark hair and glasses guy- he was extremely rude to me.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Ugh, cakey... not a good look. I wouldn't ask the guy- dark hair and glasses guy- he was extremely rude to me.

Really? well the staff in there really need some training in customer service skills if you ask me. I know it can get busy, but there's ways of dealing with multiple customers. Don't have to be so high and mighty! Always be polite anyways. Yeah I know the guy you're talking about.

Well you're better off going in there, try going in early so it ain't busy and get them to try on make-up. To get a make-up demo is free you don't have to pay. but the full make-up application will cost ya. I always tell people to go in and get them to try it on ya and walk around with it on ya.

I know, to see how it looks outside in daylight, to see if it starts to clog after a while, to see if you get shiny patches so you can decide if you need to use a translucent powder with it etc etc. I always use translucent powder. Great stuff.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    I know, to see how it looks outside in daylight, to see if it starts to clog after a while, to see if you get shiny patches so you can decide if you need to use a translucent powder with it etc etc. I always use translucent powder. Great stuff.

Well ya know what to do so!!!

ya should always use translucent powder/blot powder to set your makeupesp. if you prone to oiliness!! .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 whosthatmammal

too much makeup/foundation does nobody any good, makes you look worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Dont go near Lancome Teint Idole. I used it once, never again. It's impossible to put on with out it going streaky!

Advertisement