Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEER!! Friday 26th in the Porterhouse, 8pm

Options
  • 15-08-2005 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

Well ladies and gents it has been decided.

Our first proper non-campus UCD-Boards Beers.

Date: Friday 26th
    Time: 8pm
    Venue: The Porterhouse, Temple Bar

Oh and since our good friend Boneless practically lives there, maybe he could sweet-talk the bar folk to maybe reserve a little space as that place can get pretty packed at the weekends. :p

If not, I will reluctantly and grudgingly volunteer to go early and try and keep seats........i'm sure seb and kittenkiller would help me through that traumatic ordeal :D

So folks, are we all ready for some drunken debauchery????!

***could a mod please sticky this? ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

sounds good!
    but I have no Idea what any of you look like, as I've never made it to any of the beers in UCD.
    I suppose I could amble around the porter houses 3 floors looking lost for a while, then go home without having found anyone/anything...
    mmmmh 8.5% duvel. gotta love the porter house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

larryone wrote:
    sounds good!
    but I have no Idea what any of you look like, as I've never made it to any of the beers in UCD.
    I suppose I could amble around the porter houses 3 floors looking lost for a while, then go home without having found anyone/anything...
    mmmmh 8.5% duvel. gotta love the porter house.

:D i'm sure our faithful Blondie83 will have a sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I like signs. Just not chalk ones. I end up wearing them... not so good a look... *smiles weakly*

I suppose I could wear something distinctively stupid looking on my head or something...

A turkey. You'd definitely be easy to spot with a turkey on your head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

or just wear nothing at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Am I still allowed to go to this thing since I'm an ex-UCD student now?

come zane, drink beer with us. be merry. get pished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Oh he will. He needs no encouragement. :D
    Fantastic drunk, so he is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

If not, I will reluctantly and grudgingly volunteer to go early and try and keep seats........i'm sure seb and kittenkiller would help me through that traumatic ordeal :D

i'd gladly go early 'cus i don't really know anyone except angry zane plus a large group of angry drunken people might be a tad intimidating to walk up to :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Am I still allowed to go to this thing since I'm an ex-UCD student now?

WHAT?!?!?! When did this happen....? But Joey B....? How could you do this?!!! Right I'm beating you up on Friday Mr!!

Peachy I'll be there, beating stick and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

And I with a sign! I don't care if I'm not technically in UCD anymore, I'm still coming to the beers :)

Larryone, Blush and Tribulus, if you're worried about not recognising anyone arrive about half eight. By that stage we'll prob be seated of at least settled somewhere, and we'll prop up an A4 sign on the table that will say "boards beers" or something like that. Then no matter how scary you think we look you have to come over and say hi! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'll be there this time... but probably quite late. Damn job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

im finished work at 6:15 so i'll be in for around 7pm if any fancies meeting early for a bit of grub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I'd go... if I wasnt in stupid work at 6am the following morning... grr...

And I'd probably be too shy to go anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Don't fret Larry, you'll know ME.
    Sure we've been drinking before! :p

& i can be there to mark territory as early as required.
    You might all want to bring plastic bags to sit on in case i get too enthusiastic while marking the ol' territory after the 1st 2 pints!

we have? where & when?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i'll be there!

Alana wrote:
    WHAT?!?!?! When did this happen....? But Joey B....? How could you do this?!!! Right I'm beating you up on Friday Mr!!

Peachy I'll be there, beating stick and all.

How could I do this? Me do what? ............Oh yeah failing my exams hasn't helped. :rolleyes:

Ah great idea.... what if we invite Joey B! Or maybe Joey B is already on here and is registered as Mr. Nice Guy or something. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

tribulus wrote:
    i'd gladly go early 'cus i don't really know anyone except angry zane plus a large group of angry drunken people might be a tad intimidating to walk up to :o

You might know more than that, I may go myself. I'll have to check my calender and see if I'm available.

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:
    You might know more than that, I may go myself. I'll have to check my calender and see if I'm available.

And this comes from the person who didn't have enough money to go out drinking on his own birthday? :D

Well if tribulus is willing to buy your pints for you then fair play BUT you owe me 2 pints Mr..... I do not forget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

And this comes from the person who didn't have enough money to go out drinking on his own birthday? :D

Well if tribulus is willing to buy your pints for you then fair play BUT you owe me 2 pints Mr..... I do not forget!

hmmm maybe if he gives me a lend of deus ex2 i'll consider it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

tribulus wrote:
    hmmm maybe if he gives me a lend of deus ex2 i'll consider it

If you finally have a PC worthy of it I will.

WHAT a game, the original had to be one of the best ever. So it's just about a fair trade.

It's ok, Larry is hat Larry after all, so I'll recognise him at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Well ladies and gents it has been decided.

Our first proper non-campus UCD-Boards Beers.

Date: Friday 26th
    Time: 8pm
    Venue: The Porterhouse, Temple Bar

Oh and since our good friend Boneless practically lives there, maybe he could sweet-talk the bar folk to maybe reserve a little space as that place can get pretty packed at the weekends. :p

So folks, are we all ready for some drunken debauchery????!

***could a mod please sticky this? ***

It can be hard to book an area on a Friday, but I'll try... there is a 14 drink minimum for the night!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

boneless wrote:
    It can be hard to book an area on a Friday, but I'll try... there is a 14 drink minimum for the night!!!

EACH????? :eek:

Eh... Eh... I think I have something else on that night!

*Flees hastily*

Blush_01 wrote:
    It's ok, Larry is hat Larry after all, so I'll recognise him at any rate.

How many other Larrys do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

SebtheBum wrote:
    EACH????? :eek:

Eh... Eh... I think I have something else on that night!

*Flees hastily*

It's ok... in the immortal words of Homer (Simpson, that is), I'll cover you honey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

How could I do this? Me do what? ............Oh yeah failing my exams hasn't helped. :rolleyes:

Ah great idea.... what if we invite Joey B! Or maybe Joey B is already on here and is registered as Mr. Nice Guy or something. :rolleyes:

Second sociology paper didn't go well then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

larryone wrote:
    How many other Larrys do you know?

Hey Larry, we can go and be the cool people cos we know someone without the help of the internet. :rolleyes:

Sorry bout the phone call last night, meant to ring my brother who's name also begins with L!

Advertisement