Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No trance nights in Dublin

• 15-08-2005 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭

:confused::confused:
    Why is no one doing any trance nights in Dublin? Is it cos of the crowd it attracts or venues don't want these type of nights?

U're guaranteed a decent crowd in Dublin so whats going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Think in Ireland anyway it's died a bit of a death TBH mate,all that Euro Trance was terrible anyway,i like stuff like Jam and Spoon and the old Platipus records stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭comad

Might not be realy commercial and all that but why was the trance tent at GG full?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Can't say I've ever been a fan of trance myself and I would say the same about alot of people I know so maybe that's the reason!

I am partial to a bit of Pyschedelic Trance however. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

feck all places will put on trance nights coz of the crowds they bring in

the redbox occasionally do them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

pubs and clubs are businesses.

they want to make money

packed club full of punters drinking and dancing to britney spears, with no outside promoter, no coke addled dj, no hassle = more money for the pub / club.

thats why there is very few trance, techno, hard house, drum and bass, breaks, electro, or whatever nights left in dublin.

venues want rock bands and rock music and charty dance and pop and thats prett y much all everybody else wants too.... there are only a tiny handful of places in teh centre of where you can get a decent dancefloor and a passable soundsystem to run your night without spending a load of money you dont have a chane of making back, the smoking ban has kept loads of people at home, even the people that do turn up keep coming and going from the dancefloor in droves and in packs [worse when they go for a spliff, especially if you're playing in a small venue... i mixed in one of my all time guarnateed "blow up any dancefloor" tunes recently, people cheered and clapped their hands, and then ten of them went out for a spliff... :rolleyes:]

the trance tent at those festivals is always full because its full of culchie kids who havent been told the ninties are over, plus its one of the few times a year a whole bunch of kids from all over the country can come together drink ****loads and take drugs till their teeth fall out.... i doubt even a tenth of them give two sh1ts about the actual music....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Helix wrote:

the redbox occasionally do them

What sort of crowd would that be then?If its psy Trance your liable to get a more crusty type of crowd is that what you mean?

more the scum element than the crusty one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

i've asked before, is this "trance is for the scum element" an irish thing or is it global?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Theres a trance night on at the end of the month in The Belvedere off the top of O'Connell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Helix wrote:

its just not in demand. If hardhouse can get places to host night, so can trance.

• Advertisement

places hh nights are on in arent exactly frequented by young lawyers and doctors tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

I know alot of you will think i'm crazy, but I prefer speed/hard trance from early and mid-nineties.

For me personally, whenever house became more popular, and Robert Miles released 'Dreamland' such mediocre groups like 'Scooter' became popular, i went off the whole style completely, and dance music in general.
    Wouldn't even pay attention to alot of the stuff out now as it all sounds the same.
    I do follow some Jungle, Drum and Bass, thats about it.

the best place youl probably hear trance is at a rave somewhere
    an outdoor setting suits the music aswell

the problem is that trance is associated with the godskitchen crowd who get fairly bad press because of what goes on at the gigs

ive NEVER heard trance at a rave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

For me personally, whenever house became more popular, and Robert Miles released 'Dreamland' such mediocre groups like 'Scooter' became popular, i went off the whole style completely, and dance music in general.
    haha. you've just reminded me.
    i saw "scooter - hyper hyper" in the vinyl section of my local record shop the other day.
    might buy it for the laugh. :p

the sad thing is, people won't put on nights due to the kind of crowds they attract.
    i'd love to see someone put on a quality hard house/nrg night on in Galway with say... Justin Bourne and Marc Johnson. but you just know the place would be packed to the rafters with scum :(
    Helix wrote:
    ive NEVER heard trance at a rave
    likewise. it's always either drum & bass, techno (nearly always acid techno) or hard house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

TBH I wouldn't care what kind of music was playing aslong as it wasn't the usual 80s dance covers, insomnia and whatever other "classics" they have with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shivnen

Warehouse @ 4 Dame Lane is the new dance music night of the week! Every Tuesday we will provide great music, atmosphere and booze promotions for all who attend.

Our residents are Darragh Ware , Archie, Seany, the former Chemistry djs Dave Mooney and Eric Lynch plus others.

If anyone has an interest in playing for Warehouse or if there are any questions about the night please dont hesitate to contact either Darragh(085 835 2385) or Martin(085 730 6345).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

A.I.D.S

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Shivnen please do not drag up old threads, start your own in the clubbing section

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement