Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

sligo film fest

• 16-08-2005 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭

anybody enter anything??
    its the first year of the festival and its solely digital.
    theres also a youth/amateur section so its got great opportunities for budding film-makers..
    im still waiting to hear if my short got in... :confused:
    should pick up by next year as it wasnt too publicised and itll be great..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

When's the closing date for entries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

august 5th unfortunately:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

What was your entry called Moonboy

Keano_sli wrote:
    What was your entry called Moonboy

eh "the fickleness of romance"..
    it was an experiment with cutting the visuals to the soundtrack..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

The Selections should be posted soon, Moonboy. I was involved in some of the selection work but I did not see your short so don't know if it made the selection.
    Best of luck! Should be a good weekend anyway, lots of music and visuals at night as well as the viewings during the day and a closing session on the Sunday night.

• Advertisement

Keano_sli wrote:
    The Selections should be posted soon, Moonboy. I was involved in some of the selection work but I did not see your short so don't know if it made the selection.
    Best of luck! Should be a good weekend anyway, lots of music and visuals at night as well as the viewings during the day and a closing session on the Sunday night.

oh cool!do you know what bands/performers are playing??
    do you know if they are still looking for acts??...
    ill post when i find out if my entry got in..

moonboy wrote:
    oh cool!do you know what bands/performers are playing??
    do you know if they are still looking for acts??...
    ill post when i find out if my entry got in..

weeyay.
    my ickle film got in.sweet.
    :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

When is this shindig happening?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i think my friends have a film in this...

uh its the 16th to the 18th of september..
    theres bands and visuals and stuff on the nights..
    hope this isnt offthreading but, does anyone know somewhere cheap to stay in sligo??link??
    thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

I entered a film and was disappointed to get an email from Sligo Film Fest with the subject:

NO

I pretty much guessed what that mail was about. Ah well. It was my first film made on a budget of €0 + fuel expenses with friends. Still, I might put it up on trigger street or send it to other fests if any one here has any recommendations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

shnaek wrote:
    I pretty much guessed what that mail was about. Ah well. It was my first film made on a budget of €0 + fuel expenses with friends. Still, I might put it up on trigger street or send it to other fests if any one here has any recommendations!
    Actually I might look into hosting a boards.ie film festival before the end of the year.

Advertisement