Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB: Getting it's act together. perhaps a little late now.

• 16-08-2005 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

2 weeks ago i telephoned IBB, and managed to get hold of a supervisor. my line is now operating perfectly. no latency, decent 100kB bandwidth (im on 3meg but hey, i aimt complaining, this is the best the line has been in....in...jesus. since i got it really.) anyways, seems they finally got their act together and fixed the link between ballycoolin and tallaght. bandwidth is still a problem, but latency has at the very least been fixed for me. dont know about other d15ers, but im at least happy with the latency.

for now.

in 2 or 3 weeks time, smart telecom rolls out into my area. ive already signed up to the website, and i sure as shiitake mushrooms am gonna be signing up straight off the bat. IBB have been nothing but pain for me, even having a large upload limit (which i have never ever once maxed) is not a good enough reason to stay. the good performance ive recieved over the last few weeks is no way reason to stay with that after the 8 months of hell ive experienced.

i urge all other d15ers to make the switch to smart when they get here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

my uncle got ibb in city center and its on the 2mb line and gets nearly 270 on torrents its amazing, and he has never had a single problem as people have said its just the luck of the draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

It shouldnt be luck of the draw.

Its a service they are supposed to be supplying and which we are paying for. Blatant false advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

arcane99 wrote:
    It shouldnt be luck of the draw.

Its a service they are supposed to be supplying and which we are paying for. Blatant false advertising.

should not be a lotto for service ! I pay for Sky = I get Sky, I pay for Gas = I get Gas, I pay for Lecky = I get Lecky, you pay for IBB = you get / or maybe get BB

Advertisement