Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how soon is too soon?

• 16-08-2005 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

basically, my gf and I recently went our separate ways from a long-term relationship. I've always been very sociable and enjoyed going out, but lately things are a little different in that I am now single again. Anybody have any opinions on how soon is too soon to start seeing other people?

The split was relatively amicable, wasn't really what I wanted but I've dealt with it the best I could. Basically it came down to certain differences which I wasn't really willing to change - or couldn't change (religious beliefs, belive it or not!!).

Any advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Don't propose to the next female you see today.

Window shop. Try on those that look interesting. Once you decide that no, you won't be going back to last year's fashions, take out your wad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭pdunno

defientely not looking to get straight into another relationship, enjoying suiting myself for a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I'm afraid it's one of those how long is a piece of string questions.

I'm there myself right now. I'm not going to say no to an opportunity for fun and good company, but the idea of getting into another long term relationship is just not one that sits with where I am right now. How long will it be until that changes? Meh, I'll have a better idea of that when I'm there.

Of course, these things can take one by surprise sometimes. I can think of a few examples of that.

Yeah I understand exactly what your saying, I know nobody can really give an answer, just looking for opinions really.

Just confused at the moment, even though I accept the fact that the relationship has run it's course, I was wondering if out of respect I should at least wait X amount of time before meeting up with other people and so on.........both respect for my ex and for new people.

I don't think I'm carrying any baggage from all this, but then again if I wasn't I probably wouldn't be posting about this here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

As long as while you are having your fun, you don't hurt anyone else, you should have nothing to worry about. In terms of your ex you might hurt her feelings the first time she sees you with someone else, but she has to learn at some point that you have moved on, I'm not saying be heartless but there comes a point where you're being to considerate too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I wouldn't jump into a relationship straight away after a long term one. Give yourself a little time to get your head together.

I think a month or two would be plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

You're thinking about it too much.

Just go out and enjoy yourself. You don't have to get involved with anyone.. just relax and go with flow.

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Whenever you meet somebody you really really want to be with.

ok, thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Go out with the lads, have a laugh with the lads. If you meet someone, you meet someone... Don't go rushing things. These things will happen when they are supposed to happen...

• Advertisement
Advertisement