Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want a definative link for the Koran

• 16-08-2005 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I can see the future where numerous posts are going to have quotes from the Koran. Where I can see this causing issues is where someone quotes from a questionable site.

So here is what I would like. One or more links to the Koran Online. I know some were posted in the resources thread but I want a bit more information.

1. The link.
    2. What the site the link is at about (eg. Muslim news/resources, students website, etc).
    3. If there is anything that should be taken into account (is the text changed to suit a particular form of muslim religon).

These will be put up on the rules of the forum so people can cross reference quotes that are put up.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

For what it's worth, the one I've used in the past(and linked in the links thread) seems pretty good. One advantage is that it has triple translations into English, so at least there can be discussion over the interpretations. They also state at the start that it's only a reference and Islamic scholars should be consulted for further study. it seems the most neutral compared to others I've seen IMHO.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I think wibbs one is quite cool.
    Hobbes i can send you a Qur'an if you want - a physical book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I don't need a physical book. What I really want is a reader on the forum the easily ability to double check what someone else has posted to ensure

a) It is what is actually written.

b) Is in context of what the person is writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

The actual Qur'an in book has never had even a letter changed (except for the english translation obviously) and no Qur'an should be different on the net. I reckon everyone should use wibbs link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ok updated the charter with wibbs link. If yous find more let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Hi everyone
    i dont wisit much islamic websites my self <i am a muslim though>

i have few links i would like to contribute here so if anyone wants some information
    1>http://www.harunyahya.com/index.php

will keep updating

see if any of this is any use to anyone

Advertisement