Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver Plus Price Change

• 16-08-2005 10:32am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am on Clicksilver Plus service and according to their services page, it is €39.99. Can anyone tell me if this is for new customers only because I just got my latest bill and I'm still being charged €45. And before you ask, yes I have tried to ask UTV but as you know they're Customer Service is pretty damn poxy lately and I can't get in touch with them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

New connections only AFAIK :(

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

I suggest you send a mail to sales@u.tv or admin@u.tv

If they fail then try carl@u.tv

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

This was answered in the support group a while ago and it is only for new customers. Sadly UTV do not value their 'old' customers and are content to spend loads trying to get new ones! Vote with your feet. The other isps seem to pass on reductions to all customers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I got a reply from them (quickest ever). Basically, if I want the new tarrif I have to migrate from my current Clicksilver Plus account to the new priced Clicksilver Plus account and start a new 12 month contract. I have lost all respect for UTV and will no longer be recommending them to anyone. The opposite in fact. I have signed up for Smart and will be going with them as soon as they do my exchange.

Also, before I migrated from Clicksilver to Clicksilver Plus, I mailed UTV and asked if that would mean a new 12 month contract. I got a reply stating that NO, I would not be starting a new 12 month contract. I have today been told that my 12 months are not up at the end of September like it should but at the end of May next year. i.e. they put me on a new 12 month contract despite telling me I wouldn't be.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

LFCFan wrote:
    I got a reply from them (quickest ever). Basically, if I want the new tarrif I have to migrate from my current Clicksilver Plus account to the new priced Clicksilver Plus account and start a new 12 month contract. I have lost all respect for UTV and will no longer be recommending them to anyone. The opposite in fact. I have signed up for Smart and will be going with them as soon as they do my exchange.

Also, before I migrated from Clicksilver to Clicksilver Plus, I mailed UTV and asked if that would mean a new 12 month contract. I got a reply stating that NO, I would not be starting a new 12 month contract. I have today been told that my 12 months are not up at the end of September like it should but at the end of May next year. i.e. they put me on a new 12 month contract despite telling me I wouldn't be.

When the first pulled this stunt a couple of years ago I objected stenuously to it and got lambasted here on boards believe it or not!! Unfortunately they seem to have got away with it and intend to pursue this strategy when the move with other isps seems to be away from 12 month contracts.

I have always been dubious about the requirement for a 12 month contract when you migrate between products at one stage UTV claimed it was a Term and Condition but it wasnt actually in the terms and conditions YET! but would be soon Hardly the behaviour of an ethical company.

If you still have the email where they told you migrating between products would not require a 12 month contract contact them again with it and ask to be released immediately or you will refer the matter to Comreg. they have also been known to tell people on the phone that migrating does not require a 12 month contract only for those customers to find their contracts extended for a further 12 months. they need to be hammered on this type of thing.

If UTV offered good innovative products and good customer service they would not need to be attempting to lock customers in to further 12 month contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

dub45 wrote:
    If you still have the email where they told you migrating between products would not require a 12 month contract contact them again with it and ask to be released immediately or you will refer the matter to Comreg. they have also been known to tell people on the phone that migrating does not require a 12 month contract only for those customers to find their contracts extended for a further 12 months. they need to be hammered on this type of thing.

I thought they did away with the contract and just resorted to an "out" payment when you left. But when I requested an upgrade they told me that it would be a new 12 month contract again. I was going to argue with them, but they said they'd only charge me 25.99 for the first 6 months which I thought was only for "new" new customers.

Chances are I would have stayed with them for the the year anyway. I'll probably stay with them after this year too so the contract isnt all that important.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I told them about the original mail telling me about not having to start a new 12 month contract. They told me I had been misinformed but they would honour it anyway. Guess that's something at least. I have never had any technical problems with UTV and for the most part I've had satisfaction with their technical support. Their Customer Services side of operations though has deteriorated dramatically from when they started. I will be moving to Smart, but more because of the lower price and chance of better products in the future.

Advertisement