Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB6 +using email program

Options
  • 16-08-2005 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

i have a VB6 program that needs to open outlook, find a specific email(always from the same person) and open the attachment that accompanies the email (which is an excel document) and my program will then take over from there.

i have created an outlook object and can open outlook and everything, but i am not sure as how to proceed, have tried googling this but the only sites i have found deal with sending attachments

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

finally found something that helps me

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=1154

now i just have to modify it to only download attachment from one particular email

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I would have thought you'd use MAPI for something like this, rather than manipulating Outlook as an object.

But if you're using Outlook, then you need to have a look at the Outlook object model, which will be in the Visual Basic For Applications part of the help which comes with Outlook.

Advertisement