Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewers Droop

Options
  • 16-08-2005 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im a 21 year old male who is very shy with women when they display a romantic interest in me. I have been told many times that i am above average looks wise, not boasting.
    Thats not the only problem, as im shy i drink alot in nightclubs etc. and sometimes end up going back with a girl to have sex, the problem is, is that when i have anything over about 8 pints, i can't get an erection!! Many lost shags have occured, but also too shy to pick up girls when sober, this is sad i know!
    My main question is, is that is it normal not to be able to get an erection after 8 pints as loads of guys seem to be able to perform sexually after much more drink, is there something wrong with me?
    all replies welcome, male and female.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

no there is nothing wrong with you
    it's normal
    don't drink so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Best question to ask yourself mate is whether it's more important to get stocious drunk or to have sex????

But honestly - happens to most blokes at once time or another.....

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

It happens. Dont worry about it.

Personally I fall asleep after too many drinks (yes, sometimes during sex) so dont worry bout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

"Brewers Droop"

The answer to your question lies in the phrase. It's the problem with one night stands and why they tend to be so crap. Bloke gets sh*tfaced, goes home with a girl, and discovers he's too drunk to do anything.

Little lesson for life though - It's not all about penetration.

Kevin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Little lesson for life though - It's not all about penetration.

...because going down on a one night stand is really going to do a lot for ya. That treatment is reserved for ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Im a 21 year old male who is very shy with women when they display a romantic interest in me. I have been told many times that i am above average looks wise, not boasting.
    Thats not the only problem, as im shy i drink alot in nightclubs etc. and sometimes end up going back with a girl to have sex, the problem is, is that when i have anything over about 8 pints, i can't get an erection!! Many lost shags have occured, but also too shy to pick up girls when sober, this is sad i know!
    My main question is, is that is it normal not to be able to get an erection after 8 pints as loads of guys seem to be able to perform sexually after much more drink, is there something wrong with me?
    all replies welcome, male and female.

Dont drink so much.

For the most part it doesnt take a drunk guy for a one night stand it takes a drunk girl. Let her do the drinking.

chern0byl wrote:
    ...because going down on a one night stand is really going to do a lot for ya. That treatment is reserved for ladies.

lol Classy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

lol Classy :-)

I'd call that smart & economic ;-)

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Don't drink so much. I know that it's probably hard with pressure from your mates. At that age you're probably doing rounds and then get stuck in to vodka's after 5 pints or whatever and getting called a pussy if you don't keep up. Don't bother with the rounds and just buy your own drinks, or if you must have to do rounds, then don't buy yourself the drink when it's your round. You only need a few pints to loosen up. As you've managed to get back to the ladies place as you've stated in your post, that is half the battle. No need to get so off your face. Who knows, if you're that little bit less drunk, you may even be able to keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

can you get yourself up when you have had a few? perhaps its a confidence issue. If you can get yourself going while drunk then its not the drink thats doing it to you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

that is a good question johnny mobile, i rarely if ever have masterbated while drunk so im not sure, im guessing i couldnt get a hard one after lot of drink though.

i probably have a confidence issue also as you said but this confidence issue probably came out of the fact that the drink effected my erections in the first place if you get my drift?

what can you do to sort out a confidence issue like this if thats what it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Hey,

You're 21, shy & very drunk. Don't worry about it!

It's happened to all blokes a handful of times.

I think it's more psychological than physical though (happened to me a small number of times when around your age, but never happens to me anymore - older & more confident.)

Don't worry about it. You'll just make it worse :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

3 pints and i down for the count...sniffle

THanks dublindude, but im looking for some practical advise on how to improve this type of sexual confidence, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

listen the problem is that you drink too much, how the hell are you supposed to preform which your langered. Cut down on the drink as stated as above and the problem will be rectified.

One question do u drink in order to be less shy with women?

Yes so its a catch 22 situation, the thing that helps me get back to a girls house ends up being responsible for mr floppy.

OP wrote:
    Yes so its a catch 22 situation, the thing that helps me get back to a girls house ends up being responsible for mr floppy.

That's pretty much the size of it alright..

If you're going to spend the night though, you can make up for it in the morning. Personally I much prefer morning sex anyway.

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

yeah happens to us all, best thing to do is not to think about it to much, when your about to get jiggy.
    also, if you need drink to chat up ladies have a few beers to get some dutch courage, go chat and then if all is going well dont have anything else to drink, i know thats really though!!

Advertisement