Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Sid Vicious??

Options
  • 16-08-2005 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Why was Sid Vicious so famous?
    He was just a filthy junkie (in his own words) who could barely play a bass guitar.
    He was totally musically inept, and not really that politically outspoken, compared to Johnny Rotten, who was the singer. And yet Sid Vicious seems to be more well known than any other of the members of the Sex Pistols.

Why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Beacuse everybody loves gawping at cretins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

cause he was contoversial, he could grab attention, even if it was for the wrong reason, and most punks around him where "filthy junkies" aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

so basically because he was a violent SOB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

yup, and he was part of the band that turned a lot of people on to punk

but it still kinda irks me that he's better known than Johnny Rotten, who was in the same band, and was more outspoken... but less violent i suppose. hmmmm

mih. maybe i should just stop worrying about it and go listen to never mind the bollocks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Maybe you should pay more heed to the title of that album ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Doctor J wrote:
    Maybe you should pay more heed to the title of that album ;)
    Quality.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

**** the pistols.
    wrong forum btw.

sorry - should have given the album its full title:
    Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols

And wrong forum? I didnt put it in "Punk" because I think that the Sex Pistols and the Clash have relatively little to do with todays Punk music, which seems to be more about adolescant whining about not getting laid, etc (overgeneralisation there, but ye know what I mean)
    Those bands seem to me to have more to do with Rock than what is today considered as "Punk"

Edit: sorry, that comment really isnt representative of modern punk music... I retract it.
    Maybe I really should be asking this question on the punk forum, but I'm not really arsed, as I realise how pointless the question is anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Sid Vicious wasnt in the sex pistols
    he didnt play on thier only album
    and his bass wasnt pluged in when they played live

he was a backing dancer for the band on not a very good one at that

• Advertisement
Advertisement