Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Bloody IBB

• 16-08-2005 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

This is for all the eggheads out there that know about contention, packet loss, etc.

Clondalkin Area....
    I am just after downloading a 3 mb file from Heanet ftp.
    The speed was 18 - 30kbps. I have not seen a file downloading over 30 the past few days. *Are they putting restrictions up?

Anyway, I running Solarwinds network management tools and Bandwidth Gauges directly to the line bypassing firewalls, caches, etc.
    Speed on the gauges (sniffs the line every 5 sec) are jumping between 70kbps and max was 554 kbps download and upload between 5kbps and 110kbps. That test was run over 15 mins.

Average Ping response time for Boards.ie was 116ms and to the IBB Dns server was 109ms.
    Average Packet loss for IBB Dns server is 20-50 percent over 4 hops see attched
    Average Packet loss for Boards.ie is between 10-50 percent over 6.

Any ideas what it is before I get onto this lot again.

Hey Hey.....Just as I was writing this, their network went down at bang on 1 oclock, and came up again and I am now downloading off Heanet at 60 kbps.
    Are they watching me!!!
    Packet loss on the 62.231.52.157 (Router in Tallaght?) has no more extreme packet loss. 10 percent at the moment.
    And the Bandwidth Gauges have gone to up 877 kbps and down 816 kbps.

Just after going down again at 1.15 pm and downloads coming in off Heanet at 80-100 kbps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

dude why some many multiple threads and people on Boards dont like being called egg heads !! and this is not and IBB company, just other punters with simillar issues

think you should sort this out yourself !

Advertisement