Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Pub Boycott Day - Fri 9th Sept '05

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

FinoBlad wrote:
    At least boards has the traffic.

What are you doing about it mr doom and gloom?

Loads, thanks for asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

rondjon wrote:
    Missing the point, RainyDay.

It's a "statement" I reckon, more than anything else.

As consumers, we're taking everything lying down in the alleged "rip off Ireland". Because of this, unscrupulous businesses can get away with their shoddy practices.

(No implication that pubs are unscrupulous!!!).
    I'm not missing the point at all - I'm seriously questioning your tactics. OK, so you make a 'statement' with your one-day boycott, and then you go rushing back into the pub the next night. That makes a statement too - a statement which says 'look, I'm not really serious in my moaning about your prices - I really am prepared to pay these prices - but I got something off my chest last night and it makes my conscience feel better'.

The only statement which will have any effect is to significant reduce the amount of money moving from your pocket into the till on the bar on an ongoing basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you get 500 people to stop going to the pubs, that may only equal to 10 people not going to one pub, etc. So the pub owners aren't gonna give a crap, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

rondjon wrote:
    And we care because?????

And I care about this 'boycott' because?????
    rondjon wrote:
    Loads, thanks for asking.

Wow, 2 super informative and constructive posts from rondjon there. Well done, n00b.

Advertisement