Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stillorgan bowl

• 16-08-2005 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hiya fellow boarders

anyone know how much a bowling game costs in Stillorgan bowl these days? also is there ample parking near by?

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Its about €15 for a half our I think, I was there about two weeks ago, Im a natural, and there is loads of parking out front. Beware of scumbags though, its like a magnet, anything with flashy lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Try looking up the yellow pages and ringing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

they also charge €2 entry fee.
    I never pay this - just say you're going to go bowling.
    I sure as hell aint paying a cover charge and then pay for bowling too.
    I think they brought it on the discourage scumbags wandering around the place without playing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Kiera wrote:
    Try looking up the yellow pages and ringing them.
    ooooOOOooooh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

whiskeyman wrote:
    they also charge €2 entry fee.
    I never pay this - just say you're going to go bowling.
    I sure as hell aint paying a cover charge and then pay for bowling too.
    I think they brought it on the discourage scumbags wandering around the place without playing anything.

It only(?) a euro. Still a bit stupid but it does stop loitering. Its ok if your playing bowling.

As a matter of interest, are there any other bowling alleys that aren't part of a leisureplex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

It costs €30 for an hour and if you go bowling you get your entry fee back when you pay for the bowling...

Plenty of parking outside...

Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Varies between €28 and €33 an hour depending on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

it's a great place for some grub when your p1shed at 3.30 in the morning & empty pockets across the road is shut...yum yum chicken tenders.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It's a bit grimey though. And yeah, you get your "entrance fee" deducted from the price of bowling or whatever you're there to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

or 7 euro per person for a game. but i warn ya, time flies. with three of us the game was over in 20 mins... 35euro for a lane for an hour, i think. and the 2 euro entry, you get off the bowling cost.... i know all this cause i had to find it all out when i went last sunday....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Anytime I go there, I just walk straight in. I've never paid anything going in and I've never been asked. Whether I am going to play a game or just look around, I just walk in. No one ever says anything. Lots of people just walk in and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

They've started giving receipts at the door (when u pay in) so if you go to just walk in, you'd have to show this receipt. Besides, its only €1.

Advertisement