Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Moving Picture Project

Options
  • 16-08-2005 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Right, so many of you know that I filmed pretty much all of Sess. 2 this year and that I'm making a documentary which I hope to be about 2 hours long.

I was hoping to have it all done and duplicated in time for the reunion on the 27th but because of problems (e.g. having to get a 250GB harddrive off Amazon.co.uk to hold all the footage and a surprise trip to Dingle) it doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to make such a deadline.

So here's what I'm gonna do:

At the reunion on the 27th people will be able to preorder a copy. I will need names and addresses for these people so that I can send the finished discs in the post. The people will also obviously have to pay me on the 27th. The cost for each disc should be approximately €6 (subject to slight change). Normally they will be €5 but because of postage it's an extra €1. This brings me to an IMPORTANT POINT: If you are able to attend a future reunion DO NOT preorder. This means people like Liz, Johnny B., Mr. Emo and other Dubs should not preorder because I will be calling a second reunion where I can distribute the discs "over-the-counter" so to speak. There will be enough discs for everyone and if there isn't (highly unlikely) I'll have more made. In conclusion: the preordering is for people who are only coming to Dublin on the 27th and will not be available to collect their copy at a later date.

Moving on. Many people have expressed an interest in a copy of the Talent Show uncut. Since there has been such an interest I am creating a second disc (cos' putting it all on one disc is not an option) for people to buy which will contain the Talent Show uncut. Now, I ran out of power at the beginning of the Newscasters sketch so anything after that will not be included. My apologies for not buying a 2nd battery.
    The Talent Show discs will cost €6 preordered (subject to slight change). You can again preorder these on the 27th.

I will also except preorder names and addresses by P.M. and I will collect the payment on the 27th or later.

I am allowing any one person to preorder a maximum of 5 film discs and a maximum of 5 Talent Show discs. There's no problem in buying for other CTYIers who couldn't make the reunion.

I also have an extra which is a 16 minute video of a bunch of us going to Santry to meet the Sess. 1ers. I have not decided if this will be included on either disc but it looks hopeful that I will put in on the main film disc.

To summarise:-
    • Film discs cost approx. €6 on preorder.
    • Talent Show discs cost approx. €6 on preorder.
    • Preorders available at Aug. 27th reunion with name, address and payment.
    • Do not preorder if you live in Dublin or will be available in September to come to a reunion and collect your copy.
    Oh and anyone living overseas (e.g. Suzy and Lake) will get free copies. Tee hee.

So spread the word, all! I suggest John Barry (COCK) tell people at the Galway reunion. That's be good.

I'll post updates on production progress here too.

Any questions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I am going to kill you for that commet Kev. Trust me. You will rue the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

is there any way that (overseas) session 1 people can just get a disc of santry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

synge wrote:
    is there any way that (overseas) session 1 people can just get a disc of santry?
    But why not just get the full disc with both Santry and the main film on it? Couldn't hurt. I'll be happy to send you a free one if you're ovreseas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

might take you up on that offer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Is that session1 footage the bit where i attacked the camera? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, I think that's it.

Kevin, expect 12 euro from meh on saturday next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

feck that kev, charge a tenner, make a profit, im sure people wont mind as you've clearly put in a lot of work

Nah nah nah, I couldn't do that in good conscience. In fact, since I'm worried I might not break even I'm charging this price and then once I'm happy that I'm not going to make a loss I'll lower the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Is my *ahem* ''starring moment'' on the Santry part?

Oh ho ho, you'll have to wait and see!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Laoisman

Kevin,
    I have a name!

I have a name too. I quite like it. What's your name?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

Err, so if you can make the 27th and you live in Dublin, but you most likely wont make any other reunions, can you preorder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

No. you have to live without it forever. [/]sarcasm

Silence, peasant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Sigh... You asked for it.
    *throws shoe*

Un-Big wrote:
    Err, so if you can make the 27th and you live in Dublin, but you most likely wont make any other reunions, can you preorder?
    Oh yeah sure. Preordering is just called preordering. What it actually means is if-you-can't-get-it-any-other-time-placements. Heh. See ya there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

What if we don't actually know if we'll be able to attend future reunions? Can we pre-order then?

Right-oh, cool.

*cuddles shoe* yay! a friend! ^_^

Haw wrote:
    What if we don't actually know if we'll be able to attend future reunions? Can we pre-order then?
    Eh, I guess so but why would you want to?

• Advertisement

Un-Big wrote:

*cuddles shoe* yay! a friend! ^_^

Well Plunky, you'll never see that shoe again.

Looks like Jean's found a friend her size

I *could* say something suggestive about electric toothbrushes.... but I'm too busy with my shoe *continues cuddling*

How Cute! *pets*

EDIT: Wait a minute....how'd you know about the toothbrush thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think everyone knows about the toothbrush at this point.

oh....

/hangs head

'Fraid so *patpat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

yes Liz... everyone knows. Kinda surprising that you're suprised to be honest!

Aw applause for Hugh who is being oh so wonderful making us DVD's and charging a reasonable price. *applauds*

I may preorder mine even though I live in Dublin, I shall be very busy this year what with the evils of the leaving cert. Though t'will be a sad, sad day if I can't make a CTYI reunion because of school... :(

Kev: I get a free copy right?

Piste wrote:
    Kev: I get a free copy right?
    Well even though we didn't get nearly as much sapphic footage as I would have liked (a tall order by anyone's standards) yes, you will get a free copy. But not of the Talent Show.

P.S. Thanks a lot Ali. :D

• Advertisement

Oh the sapphic material was there alright, you just didn't catch much of it.

Advertisement