Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Moving Picture Project

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Awwwww yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I may preorder mine even though I live in Dublin, I shall be very busy this year what with the evils of the leaving cert. Though t'will be a sad, sad day if I can't make a CTYI reunion because of school... :(

I can't believe you could miss the reunions because of school, though come to think of it I'm doing my leaving cert this year and probably should set aside some time and actually study for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Rightio, the offical takings for today is €540.00 (there were 104 orders) and now that I know that I can move to the stage of ordering (well, after the editing). I'll be having 150 copies made. 65 of the Talent Show and 85 of the main documentary. All things considered it looks like I'm on target to break-even (with perhaps a small loss). :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Knew I shoulda have beaten you up and taken that =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Yanniscaus

i was planning to order the 2 discs at the big reunion but i couldnt make i( :mad: ) so i would like to make it known that i want both discs (ill probly get to the other biggish reunions later, so i can pay then....ill even pay double for the botheration of it all..........*desperate look* .......somewhat opposite to a look like this.. :cool: )

• Advertisement

No, no, you don't have to pay double. In fact, if you're coming to the next big reunion to get it you'll only need to pay €10 for both. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

But that's not fair!!!! I had to pay 12E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

And I'm wondering why Kevin was up at 0600.

Does this lower price offer extend to include everyone, including non-Yann people?

Does this lower price offer extend to include everyone, including non-Yann people?
    Why yes it does Stephanie.

But that's not fair!!!! I had to pay 12E
    Why yes you did cookiemonst3r. The extra €2 is to cover P&P. Since Yann is collecting it personally there's no need for P&P.

Wouldn't you like to know. ;)

Just various, non-penis related things. All very boring and non-penis related.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Kev, it occurs to me that I never got the money for the two disc to you last saturday, much like those DVDs I was meant to give you. So just making sure you have me down for one of each and i'll get the money to you asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Rightio, the offical takings for today is €540.00 (there were 104 orders) and now that I know that I can move to the stage of ordering (well, after the editing). I'll be having 150 copies made. 65 of the Talent Show and 85 of the main documentary. All things considered it looks like I'm on target to break-even (with perhaps a small loss). :D

Hehe, you never managed to get me to order one :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Yeah, I'm really sorry about that running away and not answering you thing. It will probably happen again though, if you ask me something, but I'm sorry about it...

Alright, I have a job to all you photoshoppers out there. I'm planning for each DVD to be in a nice case with a 4-page 4/1 inlay and full colour on each disc face. What I need from you guys is submissions for artwork designs to go on the disc face, the box cover and the inlay.

The templates:-

CD Face (More info.)

Note: I have more templates coming (I've contacted the place) so for now only work on the CD Face.

So any ideas you have for pics. to be used, group pics, funny pics., serious pics, montage photos and even non-photographic artwork, I'd love to see.
    If I choose a design of yours then maybe a discount for you would be in order.

If you have any questions about how to make your artwork make sure you read the README file in the download or go to the FAQ section of www.duplication.ie or e-mail the company (through that website).

You can PM me with a submission and I'll give you my e-mail address to transfer the file. If I have you on MSN then just transfer using that.

Good luck,
    Kevin.

Edit: I need the entries by the time I'm finished with the film which will be around the 20th (subject to change). If you really want to enter then take the 15th as the end date.

Kay people. I have the DVD Cover and Insert templates so if anyone wants them just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

If we have a go at the DVD cover/CD face/insert will we have to do the others? I don't know how to do a CD face...

Nope. Pick whatever and however many like.

The CD Face is easy. It's just like all the others only make sure that what you want to have appear on the face falls within the circular outline in the template.
    I suggest a picture that utilises the hole in the centre, so that the whole becomes part of the shot. I've seen it done well on some DVDs. For instance on one of The Usual Suspects DVDs the disc has a picture of a film real so the hole become the centre of the reel. It was just a nice touch. But feel free to try whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

hey dude, i had no money at said reunion due to general poorness and spending money on a pretty belt!
    How can i get one?!

hey dude, i had no money at said reunion due to general poorness and spending money on a pretty belt!
    How can i get one?!
    Hmmmm... Well if you come to the reunion where I'll be giving them out you can buy one there. I'll hopefully be using the October 1st reunion for that. Otherwise you could get a friend to come to the reunion and get a copy for you. Or you could mail me payment and I could mail you back a copy. Take your pic.

Don't worry anyway. You'll get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

So they'll be buyable (if that is indeed a word) "over the counter", as you say, on the 1st? For a tenner? Why am I repeating what other people have already said?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

Hmm... If you pre-ordered yours and payed the postagey price for it, but then you're gonna be there on the 1st, can ya get the extra money back perchance? <=D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Liz! You stole my word!!!

okay, it's not exactly my word... :)

Un-Big wrote:
    Hmm... If you pre-ordered yours and payed the postagey price for it, but then you're gonna be there on the 1st, can ya get the extra money back perchance? <=D
    If I've already bought the posting stuff then no, but if I decide to leave the posting til after the reunion then yeah, sure.

P.S. Let's get those artwork entries in people. I need any entries by the 20th. At this stage, with the severe lack of entries, if you enter yours is probably going to be the one I use, assuming it's not crap. :)

So we're on the last stretch now. It looks like I'll be pulling an all nighter in order to try and get it done for drop-off tomorrow, and I think there's every chance that I will.

I have approximately 1 hr. 5 mins. edited already and it's shaping up to be about 1 hr. 30/40 mins. (which I'm very happy with).

No artwork entries so far which is too bad cos' I was hoping to have it made by a C.T.Y.I.er. Just for the novelty. Anyway, a last appeal: Even if you can't make a proper entry just send me any and all photos you have that you think may look good on a cover or on part of a cover along with loads of other photos (my original idea was a big montage photo thingy).

I was able to get today off school and I've been editing pretty much non-stop since midday (I didn't get much sleep last night). I'm taking a little break right now but I'll dive back in at 7 O'Clock. Wish me luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

wats ur email cause i have an entry!!

Not much use now, but you should have PMed him, or checked the contact list.
    And Kevin, I appreciate the pain you're going through. I salute you... no, wait, last time I did that, I gave myself a black eye. Ok, I'm mentally saluting.

Because Windows Movie Maker is being an ass of the highest order and because of estimated manufacture time of the discs it's looking highly improbable that they will be ready for October the 1st. This is a real let down for me. The good side of this is that the extra time can be used to make the discs as good as possible. For instance, I was considering not having a picture on the discs' faces but with the extra time I'll make sure that those discs look wonderful.

Anyway, though I am disappointed that the discs won't be ready for the 1st I'll make sure to put this extra time to good use and that the finished product is everything it can be.

Kevin.

Damn! Oh well, as long as they're damn good. And they'd better be! Well, if they're worth the wait, I won't complain. Much.

pity in one way, but good in another. Good to have the regularish updates kev, cheers. Also, are you still posting them out instead of Reunion-ising? Cause i'd definitely prefer mine posted, since i'm not suer of my availibility for reunions.

Yep, I'm still posting them out to all those people. No need to worry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

When do you think you'll have them done by?

Advertisement