Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Premiership Shirt (Almost)

• 16-08-2005 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

I mentioned it in another thread but thought I'd mention it again, gamebookers.ie are giving away free Prem shirts to new customers who bet €50 on a Prem outright, I was already a customer so got my bro to open an account and make the bet and I got the shirt today, the lovely new blue United shirt.
    Stuck the €50 on Chelsea though, I know I know, shame on me! At least if United win, I'll be happy and have a New shirt for a fiver cheaper than Lifestyle and if they lose and Chelsea win I still have the shirt plus a few bob.
    Don't mention what happens if the Gooners manage to win, but I don't think they will!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Keano_sli wrote:
    Don't mention what happens if the Gooners manage to win, but I don't think they will!

Famous last words... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

cool...plus you can put the money on a really short odds bet like a carling cup game...Chelsea Vs Yeovil or something...chasnces are you'll get the shirt for free ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

maybe i'm missing it, where is the deal on their website?

EDIT: ah i see it, bottom right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They did the same last year.
    If it's the same one, you must put the bet on a somebody to WIN a league!
    BTW
    Not sure if you are a Betfair player or not but you could hedge the bet by laying Chelsea to lose the Premership. The shirt will end up costing you approx 3-4 Euro whether Chelsea win the League or not!
    If you let it run, it could cost you 50 Euro if they don't win the Prem or you would win about 36 odd if they do.
    After all we all know ARSENAL will win it, so save your dosh now! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Good thinking Oki, I do use betfair, usually to lose money :D , but I'll consider laying them alright.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote:
    maybe i'm missing it, where is the deal on their website?

EDIT: ah i see it, bottom right.

Just double-checked, its on the bottom righthand side under Highlights and it is a Premiership Outright you have to be on Dubguy not match Odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

If anyone is joining they can use my reference here.

http://www.gamebookers.ie/cgi-bin/intro.cgi?rid=286029

They have a referral scheme that pays the referrer after the friend makes his 3rd bet.

There's no difference between this and normal registration, just that it might help me contribute towards the jersey if Arsenal don't win.... ;)

quarryman
    Don't be silly, of course ARSENAL will win it this year ;):confused::o

I backed Chelsea with gamebookers last year and then layed it with Betfair when Chelsea's odds went down for 1/2 the potential loss and ended up winning 25 Euro plus a free Arsenal jersey!
    Happy days.

okidoki987 wrote:
    I backed Chelsea with gamebookers last year and then layed it with Betfair when Chelsea's odds went down for 1/2 the potential loss and ended up winning 25 Euro plus a free Arsenal jersey!
    Happy days.

And I'm happy to say that the Jersey is an official one as well, not some replica muck that you usually get in giveaways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this sounds like a good deal. might get myself a wigan jersey :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

with a 50 euro bet on chelsea the return is just below 85 euro

so +35 euro isnt a bad return really,was quite tempted to go for arsenal at 7/2 but i couldnt live with myself betting on them

evad_lhorg wrote:
    this sounds like a good deal. might get myself a wigan jersey :D;)

Do Wigan have a Jersey! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Its not worth your while betting on Chelsea tbh.
    I don't think you can say that they are that likely to win the premiership. Sure look at Arsenal last season. You never know, and those odds aren't great.
    Man Utd and Arsenal are the better bets, especially with those odds.

Anyway.
    50 quid spent
    New United jersey which i was gona buy anyway.
    And a possible 225 if Utd win the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone know if this offer is still going? i thought it went till october but i cant find it now...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Got my Liverpool Away jersey the other day and a €50 bet on Chelsea. That's a winning combination no matter what way you look at it.

1) I get the Jersey I was going to buy anyway
    2) I have the potential to get my money back plus €35
    3) Even if Chelsea don't win, I have the Jersey and it means Chelsea aren't invincible

Happy Days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I did it too, with the new United blue shirt, which I was going to buy anyway.
    Since I was also gona place a bet on United to win the premiership, the odds are ****ing fantsatic, 4/1, hell yeh, I got two for the price of one.
    Its cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

what was the average delivery time i wonder, i know on the site it said please allow 28 days for delivery

be intresting to know how long it took for other peoples to arrive so far

2 weeks and no shirt yet personally

What shirt were you getting, I know froma friend that works in Elverys that Liverpool home shirts are in seriouly short supply, I guess all the "fair weather" pool fans are buying them this year 'cause of the lucky cup run! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Gileadi wrote:
    what was the average delivery time i wonder, i know on the site it said please allow 28 days for delivery

be intresting to know how long it took for other peoples to arrive so far

2 weeks and no shirt yet personally
    took mine around 2 weeks to get to me (Liverpool Away)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

looks like the offers gone :mad:

oh well

Advertisement