Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

foundation for fair skin

• 16-08-2005 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

I'm fair skinned with combination skin and want something natural with good coverage
    all suggestions welcomed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Bourjois Ivory.... Or maybeline ivory.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I'm quite pale skinned and I find Vichy Ivory to be very good - it blends in perfectly, and looks natural as well. A bit expensive though, it's around €17.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Eve e

Bobbi Brown do a good range of founations for different skin types lightest shade is Porcelain it's v.pale but at least it does not go orange after a few hours on the skin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Max Factor Lasting Performance in Fair is very light but evens out complexion with a good coverage. It also is long lasting and stays put like the name of it suggests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just go in and try!!!

Yes it's good to get suggestions but everyone's skin is different - colour/texture/sensitivity etc.

Go into Brown Thomas, Arnotts, Roches and ask the girl/guy to try it on you. You're not askin for a full make-up application so you don't have to pay. And don't feel pressured into buying it!! Take down what products they used on you so if you do find it good ya know what you're getting when you go back.

And also try going in early in the morning, 1. to get a makeup artist who's not rushed at a busy time and 2. you can see how well it wears during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

I find an ivory based colour is good, not sure on the brand though. A good tip is to put a little on the inside of your wrist, if the colour fades in then it will suit your skintone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

McGinty wrote:
    I find an ivory based colour is good, not sure on the brand though. A good tip is to put a little on the inside of your wrist, if the colour fades in then it will suit your skintone.

That's not really the best way to test foundation in fairness. It will give you a rough idea but you should really try it on your face. Your skin is not the exact same colour as your wrist. It doesnt get as much skin/pollution damge as your face. Not everyone has perfect blemish free skin and the majority has redness, blemishes, discolouration on their faces. You need to see how well the foundation blends into your skin, if its enough coverage for you (does it get rid of the redness etc.)

Advertisement