Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Off Ireland

Options
  • 16-08-2005 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭

There is effectively no moderator for this board atm as Typedef seems to no longer be around.

With the media coverage on the issue at the moment there is more discussion in the board at the moment and some of the posts/posters have been questionable. In particular an OT tit for tat by people with vested interests who also happen to be using the opportunity to pimp their commercial websites.

Perhaps it's time for a visible mod to make sure they don't go too far with their personal agendas and pimping.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

oh, oh can i be mod please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

I've noticed this also and i agree a few warnings should be awarded. prehaps one of the other mods could show their face in there for a while till things calm down again, if not johnr for mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Probably would be useful to have someone keeping an eye on it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Sparky_S wrote:
    oh, oh can i be mod please :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! pick me pick me

(jumps up and down in an attention seeking fashion)

:D:D:D

if someone is to be picked they would want to have an interest in comsumer affairs, but its best to wait and see if the current moderator is still around before booting him out and replacing him. they may not post alot eyt they might be still watching the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I've added regular poster LFCFan as a mod.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Cloud wrote:
    I've added regular poster LFCFan as a mod.

that's nice.

but wouldn't the SMods be reacting to the reported posts in this case?
    or did I get their jobs wrong :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Smods don't get reported posts from forae other than the ones they mod. And I don't think there is a CMod for Hosted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Gordon wrote:
    Smods don't get reported posts from forae other than the ones they mod. And I don't think there is a CMod for Hosted.

Is it too late to nominate Willem D?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

mycroft wrote:
    Is it too late to nominate Willem D?
    LFCFan is mod of the ROI forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Gordon wrote:
    LFCFan is mod of the ROI forum.

Dammit I thought there was an understanding unless I use the;

[not sarcasm].....[/not sarcasm] tags

we assume I'm being sarcastic.

• Advertisement