Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomechanical - The Empires Of The Worlds

Options
  • 16-08-2005 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Just picked up The Empires Of The Worlds by Biomechanical. I am damn impressed. If you think CFH era Pantera mixed with the technical approach of Watchtower and Atheist would sound just feckin deadly you'd be right and it's called Biomechanical.

I really recommend this CD, it's great to pick up new music where people can really play their instruments and aren't scared to play solos :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I saw them live a couple of years ago, and have their first album autographed. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

fresh_d_03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I've heard Regenerated and am well impressed, I'll buy the album post haste.

Plus, it's good to hear a JEM being used by anyone other than Vai, the solos are wicked indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ya i got the empires of the world a while ago fu(kin unbelievable theyre a cross between maiden and pantera imo. i hate maiden but they are more like pantera so thats good :) have you actually noticed how the guitar and bass tone are the same as panteras?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Singer sounds bit like Phil as well, when he's not doing his power metal wail :p

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what got me initially, the guitar tone, very Pantera altogether but they have their own sound in there too.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Like Pantera you say... I must check them out...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Heard them over at bloodstock if my memory serves me. They are a really good group and like others have said have a distinct pantera style sound to some of their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

They remind me of Judas Priest. They have some good parts to their songs, but, overall, their dark/twisted sound and gimmicks tend to put me off...My loss I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 WweHardyV2

Yeh, I think this album is very good it really proves how good the heavy/metal/deathmetal scene is a the mo!
    It's alot like Pantera but the guitar is not the same as Dimebag's brilliant guitar solos,but they do try!

RIP Dimebag!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

the guitar smacks of pantera, the singing sounds like a slightly heavier bruce, but that operatic whining in some of the songs is big crap?Does anyone think?Stops me from thinking classic- listening to it at the mo...

I like the high pitched stuff, it reminds me of the likes of Judas Priest, Forbidden and early Pantera Phil Anselmo, back before he became a miserable bastard. I like this album a lot :)

Advertisement