Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP RZ1710 charging issue...

• 16-08-2005 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I already know the answer - send it back to HP, but I wondered are there any [cheaper] alternatives...

Got an HP iPaq RZ1710 a few months ago to toy around with for work
    (really :). Around the same time I bought a hardcase a combined charging/sync cable from PdaMods.com.

Probably compounding the issue, I brought down ActiveSync 3.8 (the iPaq shipped with 3.7) and the PDA started to not communicate very well with the computer and eventually -almost- completely stopped sync'ing and charging.

Then again, I do use only Windows servers (2000 and 2003) in my job, so that might be a part of it. It did work 100% originally though.

Have tried the original HP cable also and the behaviour is the same. Anyone know if it's possible that using 3.8 somehow hosed the PDA over a period of time?

Sorry all, I know it's not a TechSupp forum...

Advertisement