Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powerseller on ebay

• 16-08-2005 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭

can a power seller be trusted on ebay and whats the quickest payment i could send him besides paypal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

can a power seller be trusted on ebay and whats the quickest payment i could send him besides paypal

Can a (insert profession/calling: Garda,Priest,etc.) be trusted?
    payment options depend on the seller... PayPal/Credit Card.. Bank Transfer.. Posting a cheque....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Same as any other ebay seller, check individual sales for similar type/price items sold with good feedback. Also look at their other current auctions.

Beware of people with lots of good feedback for selling stacks of low price items and are now suddenly selling a raft of expensive stuff at once. A common trick is to build up good feedback over a few months selling cheap or virtually free stuff and then blitzing ebay with expensive goods in order to con as many people before the bad feedback starts rolling in.

Paypal or credit card are the best options as there is some protection if something goes wrong. If they are not an option western union is very quick.

Posting a cheque/bank draft will be very slow as the seller won't send the stuff until it has cleared. A registered and insured letter with cash would be quicker and not much more expensive than a bank draft. otherwise you could transfer by western union

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

this is the seller

wadebone-ash

Feedback Score: 5255
    Positive Feedback: 99.5%

http://feedback.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=wadebone-ash&iid=5798714487&frm=284

you see i have paypal but i need to get verified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Hehe, the negative feedback
    seller not coll !! i send 100 email never anser
    Buyer fschikhi 24-Jul-05 16:21 6414874876
    Reply by wadebone-ash: IF YOU ARE LONELY EMAIL SOMEONE ELSE IF YOU WANT PHONE JUST SEND PAYMENT PLEASE

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:
    Hehe, the negative feedback
    thats true but everyone nearly has bad feedback

i did

i bought a reel of a german fella asked for his bank details never got a reply a 4 weeks later gave him bad feedback
    a month later he gave me negative feedback

he said i never paid
    but i wanted his bank details so i could lodge the money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I was hehe-ing at the comment on the negative feedback. Jeez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The seller looks ok. They've been around for about 2 years, and alot of good feedback.

They've sold alot of phones and games (for under a tenner), but also some stuff worth 200 and up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

etc etc. Glad to see an online shopping forum created.
    BTW: Its all about their feedback rating. I only ever buy 99.5% and above.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Why did you feel the need to post this here?
    Just because a lot of people read a certain forum doesnt mean its the correct place to post.
    Why dont you hop over to the forums forum and support the online shopping forum request?

BTW: Its all about their feedback rating. I only ever buy 99.5% and above.
    hmm if you look at the online shopping forum i do sponsor it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

whats western union like
    is it quick would it get there in england in 1 day and how long untill it clears

and would i have trouble with euro=pound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

whats western union like
    is it quick would it get there in england in 1 day and how long untill it clears

and would i have trouble with euro=pound

Western Union is instant i think because you are handing in cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ya but if ya man takes the money and then doesn't send the goods your screwed cause western union dont cover you for internet frauds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Yeh but the guy has good feedback. I would definatley say you would be fine using Western Union

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭GOAT_BOY

WellyJ wrote:
    Yeh but the guy has good feedback. I would definatley say you would be fine using Western Union

*sigh* :rolleyes: Do you like loosing your money?

Just in case, i ALWAYS use paypal.. It's just safer. eBay recommends NEVER using Western Union because it's a heap of ****e and doesn't offer any protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Western union is the tool of the scammers and conmen. Avoid.

Bond-007 wrote:
    true

i contacted the seller asking 'what payment would he prefere and is very fast'

he said' cash sent by registered signed for special delivery'

what do ye think ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭GOAT_BOY

true

i contacted the seller asking 'what payment would he prefere and is very fast'

he said' cash sent by registered signed for special delivery'

what do ye think ?
    cash isn't insured when posted, send a cheque through special delivery.

GOAT_BOY wrote:
    cash isn't insured when posted, send a cheque through special delivery.
    cheque takes time to clear like 4-5 days

what about a bank draft

will england accept our bank drafts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Your bank can supply you with sterling drafts. Drafts aren't as reliable as they used to be, as there are lots of scams involving forgeries now, so you may have to wait for the draft to clear fully as well.

• Advertisement

lads iv decided im going with western union

what details do i need off the seller

and how long untill the money is in his bank

thanks for moving the thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Bond-007 wrote:

I've used it on occasion (that is, I've recieved money through it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

www.toolhaus.org will list all their negative feed back. most tends to be from gobshltes.
    heres your fella

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=wadebone-ash&Dirn=Received+by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Snipeville have a negative feedback tool also (bottom of page.) You can get PayPal verified in three days or less, no? IIRC you would need to look up your credit card statement online in this case to find the verification code. Thats what I did anyway. If it's only something small, I guess it doesn't really matter, but I'd find PayPal generally more reliable. Sterling draft will cost you a bit too (€5?)

EDIT: Agreed, he's a classic with the feedback responses:
    Didn't win the bid and then was charged for it anyway 2 weeks later

Reply by wadebone-ash: U PAID BY PAY PAL BECAUSE U WERE WINNING BIDDER(STOP DRINKING)

Not what i thought it would be, nothing wrong with the CD.

Reply by wadebone-ash: WHAT DID YOU EXPECT A CD ROM TO BE A KANGAROO SPORT

its 220 i paid
    so big enough money

you know your credit card statement
    my card is a visa so do i go to ther website or somthing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You would go to the website of the issuing bank, I know at least AIB and MBNA have online statements and would be surprised if the other main issuers didn't also. Alternatively you could phone your credit card company and ask them about recent transactions, they should be able to tell you after verifying your identity (address, birth date, etc.)

blorg wrote:
    You would go to the website of the issuing bank, I know at least AIB and MBNA have online statements and would be surprised if the other main issuers didn't also. Alternatively you could phone your credit card company and ask them about recent transactions, they should be able to tell you after verifying your identity (address, birth date, etc.)
    thanks blorg im verified now cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

If they are not an option western union is very quick.

Never use Western Union to pay for an eBay purchase. It's going to be no quicker then PayPal and you'll only ever get your purchases as quick as the seller actually sends them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

BrianD wrote:
    Never use Western Union to pay for an eBay purchase. It's going to be no quicker then PayPal and you'll only ever get your purchases as quick as the seller actually sends them out.
    I can walk into any western union agent and hand them cash.
    You cant do this with paypal. You will need a Credit card. Not all folks have them, in fact there was a time when I used W/U for most of my online transactions.
    This is the one advantage of W/U over paypal. Pity they take so much commission.
    The seller will recieve his electronic payment within minutes.
    Thats whats meant by fast ;) .

• Advertisement
Advertisement