Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

france v ivory coast.

• 16-08-2005 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

i don't know yet what will be the starting 11.
    but i guess that if this formation play well, it will be certainly the one which will meet ireland.

seems the ivorians take this match seriously, as a good test for the prevous match against cameroun which will be decisive for their qualif for the wc.

more informations later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

coupet

sagnol thuram boumsong gallas

makelele viera

wiltord zidane dhorasso

henry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

lili wrote:
    coupet

makelele viera

wiltord zidane dhorasso

henry
    Is that the announced team? The back four is very well protected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

lili wrote:
    coupet

makelele viera

wiltord zidane dhorasso

henry

Whats the French team to play?

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

if they play like that against us they will eat us up...
    Dhorasso and henry are faster than anyone on our team...

yes, it's the announced team. i don't know if it will be the tactic formation, maybe henry will not be alone in attack.
    i think that domenech will be mefiant with drogba and will decide to put a hard defense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

Henry has to play on his own up front or he starts sulking (gay or what). It will be intresting to see how France play

i hope we will not fall again in the problems we got for the euro 2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Are trezeguet and Cisse in the squad?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

They're going with a 4-3-1-2 ou 4-2-3-1 formation. No exact news yet.

Irory Coast + Tizié - Zoro, Domoraud, Kolo Touré, Boka - Zokora, Faé, Kalou, Tiéné - Aruna, Drogba.

On the bench are :

Jérôme Rothen
    Djibril Cissé
    Allou Diarra
    Sébastien Squillaci
    Sidney Govou
    Gaël Givet
    Mickaël Landreau
    David Trezeguet
    Florent Malouda
    Jonathan Zebina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

thats some team.. that bench would beat us...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

VinnyL wrote:
    thats some team.. that bench would beat us...
    :rolleyes:

Half that bench............and half the first team played against us..................at home..................and had a bit of luck..................to draw against us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Seaneh wrote:
    if they play like that against us they will eat us up...
    Dhorasso and henry are faster than anyone on our team...

Hmm...my thoughts exactly...i was curious how they would fit in the prodicle sons, and was hoping it would screw their system up a bit...but look at the pace in Henry, Dhorasso and wiltord taking on Cunningham and O'Brien, with Zidane pulling the strings!!? Great penetration there!

Also look at the protection the back four have from Viera AND Makelele taking Keano and Kilbane on :eek:
    They will also give Keane, Morrison, Duff and Reid a hard time, and with that back four in waiting, we will really struggle against that team!

I still think we'll win though :p we always perform higher than suspected on paper, and France underform recently than potential on paper. Might be a bit like the Holland game in 2001... But i'm going for 1 - 0 Ireland.

well, the big prob is that we don't have a team well etablished. we have so much possibilities for the selection that at the end it could be wrong because our players don't have automatisms. i would prefer to have the attack of lyon (malouda, wiltord, govou) those guys find each other eyes shut.

Dunne will be playing and will add lots of pace and sharpe defensive skills.

here, France arent that good.l I wouldnt build up a team that has been in decline since World Cup 2002.

jubbly,
    i don't think our squad is declining. we just have to rebuilt it. we have talentuous players enough.
    what we miss is a good coach. look at the squad we had in 2002, who would have predicted that we would lose in that way?
    what we miss, it's a good coach and a team spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

personally, I think France are missing a captain, a real leader.

Zidane has never really replaced Deschamps and Blanc.

Vieira didnt do it either, but he didnt get very long as captain.

I dont think Ireland need fear that France team, its 11 v 11 at the end of the day and with Keano facing Zidane for what could be the last time, he will raise his game. After all, he calls Zidane the greatest player he has ever played against, so we should have a very inspired ROy that night.

Draupnir wrote:
    personally, I think France are missing a captain, a real leader.

Zidane has never really replaced Deschamps and Blanc.

Vieira didnt do it either, but he didnt get very long as captain.

I dont think Ireland need fear that France team, its 11 v 11 at the end of the day and with Keano facing Zidane for what could be the last time, he will raise his game. After all, he calls Zidane the greatest player he has ever played against, so we should have a very inspired ROy that night.

completly agreed with you. i think french squad has declined after the leaving of deschamps and blanc. not surprising that deschamps got a job of manager so soon and made so well with monaco.

my friends, we will be the witnesses of a great match for our meeting;)

France 1 Ivory Coast 0

W. Gallas 30'

France 3-0

Zidane and Henry

Thuram off after 24 minutes however, injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

France 3-0

Zidane and Henry

Thuram off after 24 minutes however, injury?
    Final score, yeah?

• Advertisement

Injury time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

A wonderful game last night and probably the best I've seen France play since before the last World Cup. Makelele was amazing in midfield and the defense had a lot of trouble containing him and Zidane who looked like they've been playing together forever !

Gallas got the first from a corner (free header). Zidane gor the second, alos from a corner, where it sailed over the others heads and he volleyed it left-footed into the net. Henry got the last, pass from halfway line, he was onside and forced his way past the last defender, held him off and got around the keeper.

No news yet on Thuram (calf injury).

Now I didn't see the Irish game so I can't really compare the sides but I was at the match last year and I'd have to say that last nights side where nothing compared to the last time that Ireland faced them. My "wait and see' approach to the return of Zidane is over as it's clear that the entire team plays better with him controling the game.
    Although we have the home advantage, I think that the next game will be the toughest of the two French matches.

indeed, it was a fantastic match!
    amazing how all it's clear when zidane is playing.
    also have you notice that in defense we had :
    sagnol : germany champion
    thuram : italy champion
    boomsong : scotland champion
    gallas : england champion

dispite a wonderful ivory coast squad (which didn't deserve to lose with a such score), the french squad looked confident.

henry seems happy to play with more space.
    sagnol defended intelligently.
    thuram has been classy, like usually, too bad he has been injured.
    gallas has been at his best, + his head kick goal was powerful.
    wiltord made a good job. very disponible.
    makélélé, well, how to say?:) like said bosquet (madrid ex manager) makélélé is the helmet of zidane.
    malouda tryed hard, good game too.
    dhorasso prove once again that his late selection is well deserved.

IMO, if we can keep the same spirit. seems the qualification for the wc is almost done.

about the match against ireland. zizou said about roy keane :
    "i do like this guy, he always have 2 or 3 kicks to give, but over all, he is a honest guy"
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Thuram is injured now? Not looking like the best start to the season for Juve!!

Thuram is injured now? Not looking like the best start to the season for Juve!!

i don't think it's a serious injury. maybe he wanted to preserve himself for the calcio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

lili wrote:
    boomsong : scotland champion

He left in January, long before Rangers were Scotland champions
    lili wrote:
    makélélé, well, how to say?:) like said bosquet (madrid ex manager) makélélé is the helmet of zidane.

id rather not know about the goings on between makelele and zidanes helmet! ;)

Draupnir wrote:
    He left in January, long before Rangers were Scotland champions

id rather not know about the goings on between makelele and zidanes helmet! ;)

doesn't matter, he has been still great;)

you didn't get what i meant about makélélé and zidane? maybe i didn't choose the good word:)

Advertisement