Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Extreme 3D pro,decent value/pc world.

Options
  • 16-08-2005 7:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Stightly O/T but still very much BF related.
    Thought id tip off anyone looking for a nice new joystick.
    Logitech extreme 3D pro.
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/IE/EN,CRID=2221,CONTENTID=6954
    Great joystick i must say,i wandered into pc world as i was passing it to check out what they had instock as my old microsoft sidewinder died.
    Couldnt believe they had this baby on offer for 39 yoyos.
    I had intended buying online from komplett but this is a very decent offer by any standards plus i didnt have shipping cost or wait :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Although I don't own this particular model, I've been using a Logitech Wingman Digextrem3d for about 5 years. It pwns.
    If this one breaks, my next joystick will be a Logitech. I've seen far too many MS Sidewinders where the stick is lolling about the place like a ragdoll and become impossible to recalibrate. Then again, maybe I don't jerkoff my stick....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye. €39 is very good. In Komplett its €32, but shipping would be another tenner, or so.

Myself, I'm gonna save up for the Saitek X52, as it looks nice, and also I'll be needing a joystick with rudder control for my other flight games.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

I got the wireless verion of that stick, it's class
    it was in the bargan section of pcWorld for 60 yoyo's.
    But when i got to the counter they only charged me 30
    Sweet

http://www.digitalhome.com.au/HomeEntertainment/ConsoleGames/Accessories/Logitech/Freedom_24_Cordless_Joystick/175

the_syco wrote:
    Aye. €39 is very good. In Komplett its €32, but shipping would be another tenner, or so.

Myself, I'm gonna save up for the Saitek X52, as it looks nice, and also I'll be needing a joystick with rudder control for my other flight games.

The Logitech "3D" joysticks have a 3-axis shaft - x,y on the horizontal plane and then you can twist the stick left and right for rudder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Cheers peeps, picked up the last one in the Limerick branch yesterday. Maybe it'll improve my terrible piloting skills :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

yup I use this one too for planes only !! helis are still better with keyboard !!

I could never understand why someone would choose mouse and keyboard over a replica of the real thing...
    There's a reason F16s dont have a joypad port or bluetooth dongle for you wirless keyboard and mouse on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

I bought the same joystick a few weeks ago, i set it up and it seems to work okay in battlefield two but i need help with one problem, you have to use the logitect profiler program to define what each move of the joystick does, ie for each key on the keyboard instruct the program to what key it is the same as on the keyboard. The issue im having is that i cant hover as when i put on trottle (w) it goes to full power and when i lower the trottle the trottle goes to 0 speed, is there away u can set it up so you can merely increase and decrease speed, at the moment i can only have full speed or no speed, hope this makes sense im fair tired iv been working all night and was at a gaming sesion all day yesterday ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

SyxPak wrote:
    I could never understand why someone would choose mouse and keyboard over a replica of the real thing...
    There's a reason F16s dont have a joypad port or bluetooth dongle for you wirless keyboard and mouse on them.

LOL yeah, because when you're in a real dogfight I don't think your superiors, who know too well that the plane you're in costs about 2 million, would appreciate you going into auto pilot and typing out on your keyboard "OMG N00b PWNZ0R3D!!!" when you shoot someone down. LOL

I was going to get one of these in argos but they didn't have one, so I went to game. They didn't have one either, so instead of paying €100 or more for a joystick (a joystick for god sake), I bought their cheap ass €20 one. It's (as Jaggeh said) a rip off of the old sidewinder design, but it worked perfectly for me. Have yet to test it to see if it can hold up to my rigorous wrist movement over time, but i'll keep you updated.

Advertisement