Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help bluetooth/game problems

• 16-08-2005 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Ok i hope this is the right forum for starters.I dont know much on computers so all help is appreciated.I have a E-machines 820(If revelant)And Windows XP(I think sp2 is installed)

Promblem 1:
    Ok,Heres what happend,I bought my belkin bluetooth adapter last year and it installed grand and most importantly it worked.Then after a while i noticed that the interface sort to speak changed.I used to have a Bluetooth icon in the taskbar that said bluetooth on "Pc"(My name of my Pc)It was also white(Active)But now its pretty complicated sending files via bluetooth to my phone.Its now red(Innactive) and when i click the icon bluetooth device not found bt stack shutting down.I have tried to restore the interface back to the original way(I tryed re-installing the software,and searching the net for updates but no good.)Then i read about windows sp2 gave problems with bluetooth dongles.Could this be the problem.When that was installed it affected the dongle?Somthing got to do with the software(Widcom or somthing)I really havent a clue about these things.What i realy want is it back to the original interface rather than this new complicated stuff.

Problem 2:
    Most of my games wont play anymore when i insert the disk The error i get is:"The file system is not suitable for running M-dos and Microsoft Windows Applications"The title of the error is 16bit sub system
    This problem never happend before as it and just appeared suddenly a few months ago.Could this be another affect of sp2 or does anybody know what the problem is.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

not sure about your first problem never used bluetooth myself :o

as to problem number 2 have a look at this
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

ok i can help with the bluetooth issue =).

The inf file bth.ini has been overwritten by SP2, what you need to do is rename it to bth.bak , reinstall your bluetooth drivers and that should sort you out =).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Cheers for all the help lads im going to try this out now.Hope it work as im at the stage of throwing it out the window :)

Megatron wrote:
    ok i can help with the bluetooth issue =).

The inf file bth.ini has been overwritten by SP2, what you need to do is rename it to bth.bak , reinstall your bluetooth drivers and that should sort you out =).

Ok where can i find the bth.ini file?I did a search and didnt find it?

OK i found a file called"bth" and added the .bak exstension re-installed the software/driver and it didnt do anything.So then back to square one.I probaly did something wrond(I aint great with computers)so all help welcome.

• Advertisement

Found this on the belkin site, its a pdf file detailing a fix under windows xp sp2

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/tech/bluetoothsp2.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Sorry for the late reply ;P

bth.ini can be found in C:\windows\inf

or sometimes it's in

c:\windows\system32\inf.

if it's not there you may have protecte files hidden best to turn that off.

daywalker wrote:
    Found this on the belkin site, its a pdf file detailing a fix under windows xp sp2

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/tech/bluetoothsp2.pdf

OK that did it.What a relief cheers.Now to get my games working..
    Thanks for all the help lads im *ucking delighted.

Ok now my games and bluetooth are working.Thanks everyone.

So ok heres the last problem(I mean it :) )
    I have the M-router for my pc to work with my phone over bluetooth.(It shares my internet connection via bluetooth.)It used to work but not anymore.The error message it gives me:

Failed to connect to nokia
    Reason:"The M-router service could not be found on the device or bluetooth may be disabled"

Error Number:80042000

I did a search on google.But i hadnt a clue what i needed to do to solve the problem.

Help

is the m-router part of the nokia pc suite, tried reinstalling?

maybe if you ask in the mobile forum they might help there?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

• Advertisement

Would re-installing it work?Its not part of the pc suite.Ill try re-installing it and ill post results hopefully that will work.

Barrie wrote:
    Would re-installing it work?Its not part of the pc suite.Ill try re-installing it and ill post results hopefully that will work.

Not sure, just making a suggestion, in most cases reinstalls can usually solve problems :o

Cheers for that didnt work and i found out why.

I emailed the vendor(inutwave)or somthing and they told me both of my phones arent compatible but hopefully will be in the future.

Oh well.Cheers for all your help lads at least my games and bluetooth are working perfectly! :D

Advertisement