Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbie Keane to Newcastle?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

is this me or you Board@Work ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I think its you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

jubbly = thejollyrodger. Don't ask me why tjr got a second account, was he banned from the soccer forum?

no, thats not me eirebhoy, must be someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

eirebhoy wrote:
    jubbly = thejollyrodger. Don't ask me why tjr got a second account, was he banned from the soccer forum?

wasnt banned from the soccer forum but appears to have been banned sitewide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Guess this is off!!! Wonder whats gonna happen now!! Liverpool sign him maybe?!?! ;)

It'll be a travesty if he stays on as a bench warmer. we need him sharp as possible for Germany!!

Well there is only Defoe and Mido left now. So Robbie has a bettre chance than before. Mido had a nightmare against Chelski and I dont think he will have such a good season this year IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

thejollyroger got banned sitewide for sending seansouth abusive private messages, so i reckon if jubbly is tjr, which i believe to be true, baton down the hatches, then maybe DeVore and the Boards SS might need to be informed.

Private message abuse, especially threats, is a fairly serious issue.

Either way, Jol will keep Keane I think, he seems Defoe and Keane as a good partnership for any European games he can get Spurs involved in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

jubbly wrote:
    Well there is only Defoe and Mido left now. So Robbie has a bettre chance than before. Mido had a nightmare against Chelski and I dont think he will have such a good season this year IMHO.

Were you watching the same game I was? Until his rather harsh sending off Mido was having a good game. What are you basing your assessment of his season on? Have you seen much of him in action?

• Advertisement

Keane reported to be in Liverpool at Everton this morning. Last price I heard quoted was £7.2 million.

Jenas expected to complete an £8 million move today after completing a medical.

If the Keane thing is right we better have a striker signing before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Looks more likely that of Robbie goes anywhere it will be Everton.
    It's unlikely since Jol hasn't been able to get another striker in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

evilhomer wrote:
    Looks more likely that of Robbie goes anywhere it will be Everton.
    It's unlikely since Jol hasn't been able to get another striker in.

What about all the talk of Sidney Govou from Lyon for around 2mil or so! If Keane goes I would say thats who will come in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Keane reported to be in Liverpool at Everton this morning. Last price I heard quoted was £7.2 million.

Jenas expected to complete an £8 million move today after completing a medical.

If the Keane thing is right we better have a striker signing before the deadline.

The last i heard it was around £5 million for Keane. :confused:

Were you watching the same game I was? Until his rather harsh sending off Mido was having a good game. What are you basing your assessment of his season on? Have you seen much of him in action?

based on his tackle.

I dont think he will have as sucessful year as last season. I think his form will drop a little it being the second season and spurs are looking for another skriker. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

He only played about 8 or 10 games last season didnt he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Sure looks like Everton now.
    Would be great... linking up with Zinedine Kilbane :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Is everton a good move for him? I hear the replacement will be Lucarelli, seein as Spurs have upped the bid, now.

jubbly wrote:
    based on his tackle.

I dont think he will have as sucessful year as last season. I think his form will drop a little it being the second season and spurs are looking for another skriker. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

3 goals in 11 appearances last season.

Sounds to me like you a limited knowledge of his impact at Spurs TBH.

Having seen Spurs play in the flesh against Boro at WHL, all of the Pompey and Chelsea matches on the net/TV, plus the appearances I saw from him last season, I can safely say Mido will have a good season at Spurs. His work rate is top drawer, his awareness of his team mates is excellent, and he's comfortable both in the air and with the ball at his feet. What I can say is he has started to develop a good relationship with his strike partner Defoe, and that can only be a good thing.

And basing your rating of his performance against Chelsea on a dubious red card (between the neutrals and the pundits I've seen to date, there's a roughly 50/50 split on that decision) seems a little short-sighted.

he never got that red cared resinded so it must have deserved.

I would like to see who Jol brings in. If Mido is still knocking them in after that then he is what he says he is.

jubbly wrote:
    he never got that red cared resinded so it must have deserved.

I would like to see who Jol brings in. If Mido is still knocking them in after that then he is what he says he is.

Oh, so you're gonna give him a chance to prove himself now, are you? Not gonna write off his entire season on the basis of one incident in one match?

This is a bit like you writing off Robbie Keane a while back. On this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

as much i love robbie keane, i have never seen a top drawer striker unable to go one on one with a keeper.

i dont know how many one on one chances he had last year, but i can tell you he converted bloody none of them!

now that we have the midfield we have always needed, robbies work back there is no longer needed, and any of our strikers can put it in from 6 yards. and of course, defoe can put it in from 30 yards :)

im looking forward to a good season!

Lets see how he gets on this season. IMO, Mido wont be doing the business this season especailly if they get another striker. But by all means correct me if I am wrong in May.

As for robbie, well I shouldnt have said that he was found out but I am a bit fustrated with the player. Robbie is a good player.

i dunno, mido came to us unfit and overweight. he didnt take a holiday this year, instead preferring to train and get fit.

he was on fire in korea.

i just dont know where we are going to put all of these bloody players we have these days. im kinda hoping someone gets injured so that other players can get a game!

although, we could do with losing bunji, brown, mendes, davies (has he ever been fit?) pamerot and keane i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

simon davies doesnt play with spurs anymore, hes at everton

sorry, i meant sean davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

no bother WWM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Hes probably talking about Sean Davis.

I think we should keep Mendes and Brown(from your little list) but we could lose the rest of them, yeah.

galwaydude wrote:
    no bother WWM :)

good.
    :)

actually, ive discovered another few we can lose.

i just cant see how we are going to keep players with such a huge squad.

i know we have farmed out around 5 or 6 players on loan deals, and im glad to marney and ziegler and co, but there are some decent players outside of the first 15 who would be regular 1st team players, and i just dont understand how we are going to get the whole squad rotation thing to work.

and while we are at it, where the heck did we suddenly get all of this money from!!!!

im really curious to know where the money has come from. its not like we have been saving money all these years. god knows we have wasted enough money over the past 10 years on crap (ie rebrov adn that twat who went back to porto)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

With the signing of Jenas, that's 12 midfielders Spurs have in their senior squad. And people talk about Chelsea keeping everyone happy. :eek:

as football365 said, we are honing out famous 1-8-1 formation!

• Advertisement

im really curious to know where the money has come from. its not like we have been saving money all these years. god knows we have wasted enough money over the past 10 years on crap (ie rebrov adn that twat who went back to porto)

Peace Cup = £1.5 million
    Chelsea pay off for Frank Iscariot = £8 million (alledgedly)
    Simon Davies to Everton = £3.5 million
    Freddie Kanoute to Seville = £4.4 million
    Atouba to Hamburg = £1.5 million.

Then there's the money in the bank from our share issue a few years ago (largely unspent), £2 million of the Barcodes money for Carr, £3 million form the sale of Postiga.

What people forget is that despite the large number of arrivals at WHL in the last 18 months, we've actually spent very little per player, with a lot of the transfer fees being conditional on appearances/trophies and the like. We've bought Defoe, Reid, Dawson and Jenas for less than Chelsea paid for Essien!

Add in record season ticket sales (the cheapest being £540), full houses for all our home games, and a well run business behind the football side of things, for which Alan Sugar deserves a lot of credit.

On the topic of squad rotation and competition for places...

Midfield is where its at at Spurs. Realistically, there are 6 players in competition for 4 places. Thats 4 from Carrick/Davids/Reid/Routledge/Tainio/Jenas. In addition there's Lennon and Huddlestone who are seen as long-term investments, and Brown/Davis/Mendes are seen as squad members who have all been touted for moves during the transfer window. Reto Ziegler and Dean Marney are out on loan, and Johnie Jackson will be on his way soon.

Up front, well transfer gossip aside its Defoe and Mido, with Keane and El Hamdaoui as back up. And our defence picks itself (injuries permitting): Stalteri, King, Dawson, Lee. Naybet won't get any more than a handful of games this season, Gardner's not good enough, Kelly will see action as either RB or LB cover, Davenport appears to have disappointed to date, and Pamarot is injured.

Missed anyone? ;)

goal keepers :)

Advertisement