Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest hollywood wax

• 16-08-2005 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a good place that does a cheap hollywood wax?
    The prices vary from 35 to 70 euro, but i'm wary of the cheaper ones.
    Any advice??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Is a hollywood the same as a brazillian? Google is unclear? I ask from academic interest of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'd do it for €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

The same except without the landing strip, everything off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i thought brazillians were all off :confused:
    better call it €45 so

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I met a friend of someone in work recently who told me she'd opened a waxing shop/parlour/whatever you call somewhere that waxes. She said that all she does is wax this particular part of the body. I found it impossible to believe her when she told me that it's boring looking at a constant display of womens' nether regions all day long. Unfortunately she's not hiring at the moment...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

http://www.urbanwax.com/ is the place to go! according to http://www.ivenus.com/ forums :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I wouldn't go for the cheaper bet ....... you hear about horror stories, etc., bad reactions (there was a story in a mag I read once about a cheap wax, uuuck).

If you're gonna be waxing yourself down there, then fork out for it. Also, there are different waxes as well - warm (they use the strips) or hot (the wax gets hard and they pull it off that way - which is better for sensitive skin).

Urban Wax charges €65 for the hot wax, but then again, they are very highly trained (they are the Irish equivalent of the New York J Sisters), and so are probably the best place to get it done. Also, they do try to make the process as painless as possible for you.

By the way, when getting your first wax, you do need to buy the Tea Tree lotion that they sell (€12), as it is an antiseptic that you have to apply for a few days after to make sure you don't get an infection. In Australia, you cannot get a wax without using the tea tree, so it's obviously very important. They don't really recommend any other substitute because tea tree is the best.

So in short, you'll have to pay expensive to know that what you're getting done is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

My GF swears by Emily in Evolutions on Sarsfield Road ( I have no complaints either :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

tinkerbell wrote:

By the way, when getting your first wax, you do need to buy the Tea Tree lotion that they sell (€12), as it is an antiseptic that you have to apply for a few days after to make sure you don't get an infection. In Australia, you cannot get a wax without using the tea tree, so it's obviously very important. They don't really recommend any other substitute because tea tree is the best.

I've been getting waxed for almost ten years now - and I have never once heard of this _mandatory_ Tea Tree malarky. Great sales pitch though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Yea I got a brazilian wax, in Brazil, and they never mentioned needing tea tree oil cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I have read about it though ... that you can't get it done in Oz without using the tea tree oil??

What do you use instead vibrant?

He he, thanks for my sales pitch! ha ha, I didn't mean it as a sales pitch :D Just saying what they told me, plus I found the tea tree good as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

tinkerbell wrote:

What do you use instead vibrant?

Well, I find I don't always need to use anything. A good old fashioned cold compress (a cold, wet facecloth) applied to the area I've waxed for a minute or so relieves a lot of the discomfort. Although, I've been waxing so long, I am used to the sensation now - it hurts for a few seconds initially, but then it's generally OK. I have found a nice gel - it's about €5 at Boots, it's Origins brand. It's nice if I want to feel an immediate "cool down" effect after waxing. Perhaps this is similiar to aloe based after-sun gels? I'm not sure. However, I'm an incredibly clumsy girl, and I find that the gel goes everywhere - and considering that it goes all gooey and sticky as it dries, this isn't always a good option for me! :D

Should I end this post with a "don't try this at home" for good measure? ;)

Advertisement