Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NETGEAR Wireless Gear

• 16-08-2005 9:47pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm just starting out with the wireless stuff in my house have a PC and laptop and saw This
    Package on pixmania.

Think it looks pretty cheap and just wondering if anyone has one or opinions on if it is any good?

I'm just looking to share broadband, and maybe share/transfer some files.

Cheers

Mik

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I would have recommended a different Netgear box, but with a bundled card at that price its hard to go wrong.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers Aidan,

Just curious why you would recommend a different box?

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Because I missed the line that says that it connects to your phone line. Now that I see that, its an even better deal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Now that I see that, its an even better deal.

just what i thought all right,

Just wondering if there is anything i'm missing?

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

mik_da_man wrote:
    Just wondering if there is anything i'm missing?

Its only an 802.11b router so it will be slow

http://www.netgear.com/products/details/MR814.php

Depends on whether you'll be the only user and how close
    you'll be to it as to how much of an issue it will be. If there
    are going to be multiple users, or you're going to be at one
    end of the house, and the router at the other then I'd stay
    clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I used to be a Netgear fanboi until one of my routers died .... no luck getting tech support, their website only has answers for stupid things ... after sending loads of emails I did not get a single answer ... I tried ringing a tech support line and gave up after waiting for fricking ages...

It was then that I found out that this is par for the course with Netgear ... you are on your own.

I now buy D-Link gear and its as good as Netgear (arguably better feature/price ratio) and you can ring them and talk to someone (waiting less than 10 minutes at 11am) and get an answer to emails as well (my DSL-300T modem died while flashing it and they replaced it without quibble) answer to email about the modem on the same day and had a replacement delivered 4 days after i sent the duff one away

Advertisement