Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battlefield 2 crashes

Options
  • 16-08-2005 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Whats goin on with all these crashes..installed latest driver for my graphics card,and updated punk buster with pbweb utillity,and now it crashes as soon as the ready screen appears.Is it the card ,the game,punkbuster,patch or what is it ?Im not the only one..their server is going down now...wait untill everyone that cant play the game at the moment join the ranks...then there will be major problems!!!
    Vietnam is now crashing also...and ut2004 runs without a bother!Battlefield 1942 wont install fully on disc 2 so I dont know if that crashes...want to play desert combat again untill the crash problems are solved by nvidia/ea games/punkbuster/evenbalance. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

BF2 has never crashed on me.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's not the answer you want but thousands of people are playing the problem without any crashing problem and the only person that'll fix the problem is you.

Have you tried asking on any of the EA support forums?

forum.eagames.co.uk

forums.totalbf2.com

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Yes Ive tried many forums...there are lots of people having the game crashing and freezing on them...like I said.Ive tried everything I can think of and Im not a i.t. expert.Ill have to wait for new patch I guess.Single player runs no problem at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What graphics card are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

dont use the play now shortcut or the play now button as it locks up the game till it checks every server.

• Advertisement

I am using the new grafics card from nvidia 6600gt pci express and have 1gig of ram.

I was playing for a while and managed to get a full round in..but it froze just as the next round was about to begin.So restarted the machine again joined a different server and it froze as soon as I was about too start playing.I even joined a e.a.games official server and still the same.

I tried starting a lan server and it runed grand no problems,also single player is fine too.So its just online that this happens too me.I recon it could be punkbuster.Tried searching for a server that doesnt have punkbuster enabled...but there arent any!!!
    Going too give it a bash now again..wish me lucl..c.o.l. :confused: :eek: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nv loop .....

Nvidia dont even know what causes that , as they say try different drivers etc:

only way i know of fixing that is underclocking the graphics card.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

When I first got BF2 I would get a...blue screen (shudder) after about 30minutes of play on my radeon X850XT. I updated the drivers and problem vanished.

Ill give the underclocking trick a go I guess.
    I have the latest drivers installed ,they dont resolve the problem.
    I was playing away for a whole round lastnight then it froze and that was the end of that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

I was having a similar problem with BF2. After many tweaks with no luck turning OFF(Disable) Fastwrites(in the Bios) worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Ive a problem with Bf2 too, using my DVI port on my monitor crashes BF2, however if I use an anlogue jack it does not ahppen ! might be the screen size?

All other games are working perfect on DVI ! just BF2, unistalled a reinstalled it and the same !

Anyone got any sugestions? as DVI - DVI is better quliaty resolution for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Graphics drivers?

Advertisement