Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You're a Star 2005 contestants?

• 16-08-2005 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi guys,
    Hope ye all are well! I am just wondering what has happened to the "You're a Star" contestants since the show went off air in MArch. There was such good talent like "Jade" and "The Henry Girls" in that show? What have happened to them, have they got any record contracts or appearences or does anybody know what they are doing? And even what are the winners Donna & Joe up to now? Also any other contestans such as Pete Fagan/Ann/Harrington/Sinead Mulvey/Sinead Hand/Fran King etc.
    Anybody got any idea at all. I really hope the henry girls get a contract and do well, they were really good and talented. Any help would be apreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Whatever about the varying degree of talent the rest had, if there's a God we'll never ever have to see/hear Ann Harrington ever again...*please* :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

tvfan wrote:
    Hi guys,
    Hope ye all are well! I am just wondering what has happened to the "You're a Star" contestants since the show went off air in MArch. There was such good talent like "Jade" and "The Henry Girls" in that show? What have happened to them, have they got any record contracts or appearences or does anybody know what they are doing? And even what are the winners Donna & Joe up to now? Also any other contestans such as Pete Fagan/Ann/Harrington/Sinead Mulvey/Sinead Hand/Fran King etc.
    Anybody got any idea at all. I really hope the henry girls get a contract and do well, they were really good and talented. Any help would be apreciated!

Well, it seems Jade have been given the job of singing our national anthem in Croke Park before big matches. I've seen them do it at least twice. So at least they've made it.

And how in the name of God do you remember all their names?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Unfortunately You're A Star will be returning for another series, but at least it's not going to select our Eurovision entrant this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

tvfan wrote:
    what are the winners Donna & Joe up to now?QUOTE]

hopefully something non musical. they were woeful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Mossy Monk wrote:
    "Would you like fries with that?" or similar :D

I think in general, nobody from You're a Star ever gets very far, even the winners. The only one's to actually get anywhere were Simon Casey and Micky Harte from the first series. All the others seem to have disappeared, thankfully. I think that young guy last year released an Album, but I've never heard much of him.

Did Donna and Joe get any votes in the qualifiers? Not that I really care but I'd like to think that the rest of Europe have some sense of decency when it comes to music (except the Germans obviously, have you heard David Haselhoff sing?).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Mossy Monk wrote:
    tvfan wrote:
    what are the winners Donna & Joe up to now?QUOTE]

Playing Listowel this weekend. Now they know they made it big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

James Kilbane (2 series ago) seems to have got himself listened to by the auld grannies on local radio and just released his latest albumn, him singing gospel music. He been to America and recently opened "the craic at the track" held in mayo. Auld biddies again showed up. Chris Doran was there and he now started signing county music, "its what i started signing , so i am going back to my roots" a direct quote that. Basically meaning my pop signing was **** and james seems to be doing quite well out of this country lark so ill try and take a piece of that cake.

All the your a star people usually end up on phil coulters show during the summer. Well the best of them do.

I aint a your a star fan or a james kilbane fan but he is never off the local radio station which my father listens to constantly.

jor el wrote:
    Did Donna and Joe get any votes in the qualifiers? Not that I really care but I'd like to think that the rest of Europe have some sense of decency when it comes to music (except the Germans obviously, have you heard David Haselhoff sing?).
    We scored 14th place (out of 25) with 53 points, better than we all expected.
    Here's who voted for us:

United Kingdom - 12pts
    Hungary - 10pts
    Malta - 5pts
    Romania - 5pts
    Croatia - 5pts
    Turkey - 4pts
    Bosnia & Herzegovina - 4pts
    Estonia - 2pts
    Andorra - 2pts
    Poland - 2pts
    Cyprus - 1pt
    Bulgaria - 1pt

12pts from the UK is no surprise, but 10 from Hungary is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Tiffany wrote:
    Unfortunately You're A Star will be returning for another series, but at least it's not going to select our Eurovision entrant this time.
    whats it gonna be for then??? just some pop singer?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

tvfan wrote:
    Hi guys,
    Hope ye all are well! I am just wondering what has happened to the "You're a Star" contestants since the show went off air in MArch.
    They went right back into the bin of mediocre obscurity from whence they came.

RTE used the 'My Lovely Horse' strategy on Eurostar, or didn't you notice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 MartinJ

Is it me or does Brian Ormond just prove that if you hang around somewhere long enough, not being good enough for anything, that they will just give you a job anyway because they feel sorry for you, like RTE appear to have done with this clown.

whats it gonna be for then??? just some pop singer?!?
    Yep, they're no longer competing for the chance to come second last in Eurovision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Brian Ormond

I think they should let him present the next series of UR A STAR. He seems like a natural presenter.

Because none of the contestant (or anyone else) has a platform other then the show itself they go into total obscruity.

3 of the girls got a slot on Coltur and Co :mad:

Advertisement