Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free US Voip number

Options
  • 16-08-2005 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know of a provider in the US that offers a US local number for free so you can receive calls from the US, and that the calls get forwarded to another SIP provider like Blueface. I was looking at ipKall that gives you a Washington number but the problem is that it gets disconnected after 30 days of not use.

If you know of any other countries that offer the similar service let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

nava wrote:
    ...gives you a Washington number but the problem is that it gets disconnected after 30 days of not use.
    It says "Accounts which are inactive for 30 days may be terminated for non-use."
    In any event, you could dial it yourself every 30 days to keep it alive, or simply re-register if it is terminated.

How do IPKall make their money? Perhaps by selling peoples SIP number and/or email addresses :eek:
    It doesn't say, anywhere that I could find on their website, that your info is for their use only, or that it won't be sold on, or given to thrid parties. Just a thought.

Useful links here: PSTN Phone in NY routed to Irish Number specifically in Aarons & Willes replies.

hth,
    causal

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

causal wrote:
    How do IPKall make their money?
    They may make it from the call termincation fees they receive for incomming calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

nava wrote:
    Hi

Does anyone know of a provider in the US that offers a US local number for free so you can receive calls from the US, and that the calls get forwarded to another SIP provider like Blueface. I was looking at ipKall that gives you a Washington number but the problem is that it gets disconnected after 30 days of not use.

If you know of any other countries that offer the similar service let me know.

Thanks
    www.stanaphone.com

Aaron

Advertisement