Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 7800GTX O/C

Options
  • 17-08-2005 12:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:D everytime i run the latest 77.77 driver auto overclock utility i keep getting 489MHz on the core with 1320MHz on the memory....and i've played the F.E.A.R. demo a maximum detail levels for several hours with zero issues.

So i guesss i've got a pretty good card then that can reach the kinda speeds they're charging an arm and a leg for right now. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

How much did it cost you in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Which make is it? I've just gotten my Leadtek one, and there's a new bios available for it which boosts up the core and memory higher. Can't remember what it goes up to, but it does...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well XFX have released the OC version of the card in the States with clocks of 490/1.3Ghz without any special cooling solution so I'm not too surprised you got to this with your card, I assume warranties mean nothing to you? :D
    EVGA are the only company with custom cooling solution out yet afaik, heres how all the cards shape up...Clicky!

Can't wait till my PSU arrives so I can try my baby out.
    (Yes Richard it still isnt built yet... :( )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I've got the XFX card, it was factory overclocked out of the box. 450/1250....i paid top whack because the card was just out, a month later and prices have dropped like a stone.

Always happens, early adopters always get royally screwed.

Ah yea but in the States they've released this its an even higher overclock...

I got my card a few weeks ago and paid about €510 for it, not too bad considering I was going to pay the same for the 6800 Ultra a few weeks earlier! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 xyz100

kick ass those 77.77 drivers have the stereo drivers aswell. that fear demo was suprisingly good. ( i was expecting just another fps ). opted for a cheap ass pny €300 6800 myself. found it plays everything very well. didnt find overclocking my card made a noticable difference but then again i cant overclock too much cos my cooling in my rig is rubbish and geared towards silence.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I hear there is some confusion over clock frequencys...as is there are several different ones with this card.

Maybe this link will clarify the situation if anyone was wondering about the difference between cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Azza, no link?

The link that I posted earlier to AnandTech had the outline of the clocks on the cards..
    They seem to fall into three catagories of clocks - reference, factory OC'd and well...MORE OC'd. I duno I'd just feel uncomfortable running the card at ~490/1.3 without a different cooling solution such as one found on the EVGA KO card... :o

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Sorry xbitlabs link...must of forgot to press control+c

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/evga-7800gtx_4.html

Yippie my 1,000 post !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

mates gonna fork out €1000 for 2 of these in sli :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

see the new machine from hell on jes it comes with a leadteck one and a 3800+ for only 1300 and everthing else is class. :D

Advertisement