Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hat 6.0 worth it? / SCO Patches?

Options
  • 04-05-1999 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

Basically I have red hat 5.2 on a machine I mess around on......

Is it worth the upgrade or is it a case of the windows 98's as I intend to put linix to use soon so speed and reliability will be my thang.

Anyone know a good site for sco unix information, besides sco.com. I want to know about patches and upgrades and stuff. Our release is 12 to 18 months old and I reckon there must be something out there. Just wondering, Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭krinDar

try
    www.sco.com/unixware or
    www.sco.com/upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Did he not say besides sco.com ??? smile.gif

SB...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

I`m not sure whether 6 is worth it as I`ve no time to upgrade to it, only 9 exams left smile.gif..
    I`ll check it out once exams are over, but that`ll be too late right? smile.gif.16 days till freedom....

sco, I looked it up 2 years ago, but can`t member it now smile.gif....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭krinDar

Re: Besides sco.com

Yes he did say that but where else are you gonna find info about
    patches, upgrades, releases for a product but the products page.

Anyway I didn't send him to sco.com..it was www.sco.com/upgrade or www.sco.com/unixware wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

U'r not getting off on a technicallity smile.gif
    He said besides sco.com
    SB...

• Advertisement
Advertisement