Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just got my iAudio X5!!!

• 17-08-2005 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭

This player kicks ass, support for a shítload of formats, VIDEO PLAYBACK and no iTunes crap - plug it into your pc and copy and paste, it's as easy as that! It's also small and sexy, not chunky like an iRiver or Zen.

It retails here for like €369 but I got it on ebay from the US for €280 inc. shipping :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

hee hee, asked him to value it at €100 :D

So no, I didn't get stung :p

They generally only charge if it's a significant value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

What size 20/30/60 and was it the L version???

Did u get the remote or docking station or carry case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I ordered a refurb 20gb m3 a coupla days ago, just couldnt wait for the m5 to come out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

What does it feel like in your pocket? Is it comfy like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Colly wrote:
    What size 20/30/60 and was it the L version???

Did u get the remote or docking station or carry case?

20GB, not the L version.

I only got the subpack, which is necessary for connecting to a pc, none of those items are included in the box.
    What does it feel like in your pocket? Is it comfy like?

Yeah, totally, it's the same size and basically the same shape as an iPod and iPods are comfy right? If only they were built as good as this baby :p

Put Star Wars 5 on it last night, fúcked up the encoding so it's widescreen on the already small screen :p oh well, at least I can watch it, I'll encode it properly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Good on ya!when will these apple fan-boys learn the iPod sux ass?? :confused:
    It sounds a lot like my Gmini400 which is just as good as your player.
    Yay us!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Personal insult graciously received :p lets not nitpick

• Advertisement

Just picked up one of the 20gb X5L's today. Mad yokes altogether. Great sound, close enough to gapless playlists and its very comfy in the pocket.

Music took only a few minutes to transfer over. Haven't yet used the video thing yet.

No id3 databasing but my music was fairly well organised so it mattered not.

A great buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

Just got to play with one over the weekend.

Fairly blows the iRiver H340 out of the water ... unless you're really keen of the 40GB.

So cute, and the X5L has that amazing battery life - yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

grimloch wrote:
    Just picked up one of the 20gb X5L's today. Mad yokes altogether. Great sound, close enough to gapless playlists and its very comfy in the pocket.

Music took only a few minutes to transfer over. Haven't yet used the video thing yet.

No id3 databasing but my music was fairly well organised so it mattered not.

A great buy.

When you say id3 databasing what does it mean? no id3 tags?

litirspam wrote:
    When you say id3 databasing what does it mean? no id3 tags?

It doesn't organise them by the id3 tags, you can get some program that does it though.

Luckily though my music was fairly neat on my computer otherwise things won't be found in an acceptable amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Insert name____

Hi guys,
    I've decided Im getting one of these, the L version coz it will be handy to have the extra battery life when im away.
    Just wondering,
    How hard is it to use if your no techie expert?? Like the video option etc, and all this formatting you speak of, is it complicated?? Im eager to learn cos I really wanna get the most out of it.
    Just wondering is there much difference in price between the 20 and 30? This is my first mp3 player so Im not sure how much space I'll need. Im planning on storing all my pics from my yr long trip on it too. It doesnt seem to support my camera though so is this bit complicated?

Just a brief idea on how complicated it is to use would be great.
    I dont wanna pay all this money and not get full use out of it if you know what I mean.
    Thank :)

Just wondering........

It's fairly simple to use. The video thing is really easy to do.
    Just wondering is there much difference in price between the 20 and 30?

The 20 gb X5L is 389.99 and the 30 gb X5L is 429.99 I think.

Can't help you with your other questions though.

grimloch wrote:
    It's fairly simple to use. The video thing is really easy to do.

The 20 gb X5L is 389.99 and the 30 gb X5L is 429.99 I think.

Can't help you with your other questions though.

Thanks for that. Just worried that I'll get it and only use it for half of what its capable of, if you get me?
    Cant wait to get one.

One more q, (sorry!) is it much cheaper off the net? Im so impatient and want it soon though! :) I havent used ebay at all before but ive used pixmania and some others. Is ebay the way to go?

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the real newbie questions :)

oh, also do you reckon the price will come down much in say a month or two?

One more q, (sorry!) is it much cheaper off the net? Im so impatient and want it soon though! :) I havent used ebay at all before but ive used pixmania and some others. Is ebay the way to go?

Yep. They go for maybe 280 or 300 on ebay. Personally I prefer to buy in a brick and mortar in the event of things going tits up.
    oh, also do you reckon the price will come down much in say a month or two?

I'm no fortune teller but these things tend not go go down much unless a newer model or someeuch comes out, of which I've heard no mention.

grimloch wrote:
    Yep. They go for maybe 280 or 300 on ebay. Personally I prefer to buy in a brick and mortar in the event of things going tits up.

I'm no fortune teller but these things tend not go go down much unless a newer model or someeuch comes out, of which I've heard no mention.

Cool. Yeah I kinda agree with the whole idea of buying in a shop too I havta admit. I know so many people who have had problems with their Zens, so buying in a shop is proabably safer me thinks.

Just wondering, is it possible to insure these kinda things?? Or is that a stooopid q? Its just my luck that it'll get robbed the day after I buy it!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Prices have just come down...

20GB X5 - 329.99
    20GB X5L - 349.99
    30GB X5 - 369.99
    30GB X5L - 389.99

• Advertisement

Felixdhc wrote:
    Prices have just come down...

20GB X5 - 329.99
    20GB X5L - 349.99
    30GB X5 - 369.99
    30GB X5L - 389.99

Where did u get this info?

litirspam wrote:
    Where did u get this info?

Know someone who knows someone ;)

just to quickly note i was using my M3's voice recorder today to record a course i was on, excellent quality considering that i was at the back of the class

Bambi wrote:
    just to quickly note i was using my M3's voice recorder today to record a course i was on, excellent quality considering that i was at the back of the class

So you took the plunge with your gunmetal player :D Like it?

Felixdhc wrote:
    Know someone who knows someone ;)

OK can you please ask them where they are being sold for these prices?

litirspam wrote:
    OK can you please ask them where they are being sold for these prices?

Bcool in both the Pavilions Swords and the Gadget Shop Jervis st for one. Harvey Normans should be the same too. Bcool have the 30GB X5L at the new price already and they can get all other models too.

http://www.bcool.ie/product.asp?numRecordPosition=17&P_ID=392&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=93

Felixdhc wrote:
    So you took the plunge with your gunmetal player :D Like it?

yeah for the asking price its fecking superfine, nice tactile vibe going on with the aluminium casing, very sturdy. A week after i got it i was taking a slash on a CIE train and i forgot it was on me belt when i unbuckled, it wound up falling off and hanging like sly stallone in cliff hanger just inside the jackspot, only its trusty data cable saved it from a watery doom :eek: good build quality that

some of the navigation is a bit fiddly tho

oh and its GUNMETAL BROWN :D

Bambi wrote:
    yeah for the asking price its fecking superfine, nice tactile vibe going on with the aluminium casing, very sturdy. A week after i got it i was taking a slash on a CIE train and i forgot it was on me belt when i unbuckled, it wound up falling off and hanging like sly stallone in cliff hanger just inside the jackspot, only its trusty data cable saved it from a watery doom :eek: good build quality that

some of the navigation is a bit fiddly tho

oh and its GUNMETAL BROWN :D

Forgot about the all important brown bit :D

Got a bit worried when I first read your post about a slash on a CIE train, only when I read further that I realised it was actually a toilet you were using :D

Interesting and dramatic story of survival :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

The 30GB X5L looks cool . . and battery life must be the best on the market for that price . .

I have a 3rd gen ipod and am ready to upgrade . . Was trying to make up by mind between ipod photo and ipod nano until I saw this. .

A couple of questions :

1. All of my music is in .m4a format (aac) . . Will the iaudio be able to read it ? and if not is there any way I can convert to mp3 / wma ?

2. What are the controls like . . One of the things I like most about my ipod and did not like about other players (particularly iriver) is the intuitiveness (or not) of the controls.

3. Does it really not support id3 tags. . . ?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

Anyone know where to get a non standard tacky looking carrying case for the x5 none L version for a good price?

Thanks

Advertisement