Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Watch

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

djmarkus wrote:
    Could we not make it that someone can only create 1 new thread every half hour? this would be acceptable
    Quite a good idea imo. I'd say 2 minutes and only on a per forum basis though.

Mind you, people would still be able to spam every thread in existance without the need to create a thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

raise posting time too or something?
    i think it's 20 secs atm,they could spam their asses off if they put in effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

30 mins. what you say tar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Well between 12am and 10am, when theres nobody watching. normal thread creation could commence at other times. and you could also make it that new account can only be created at those times aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh, the ironing is strong with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

joe. wrote:
    30 mins. what you say tar?
    I don't mind,whatever.More time to write a reply and to read in general.Mmm i can taste the sheer fluidity of the theads now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

1971 or do i need glasses?

These kind of issues need to be dealt with via an iron fist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

djmarkus wrote:
    Could we not make it that someone can only create 1 new thread every half hour? this would be acceptable
    I agree, a very good idea!!

I agree, a very good idea!!
    i'm a wealth of good ideas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Alpha505

tribulus wrote:
    Smod Cmod Hmod mod and now Nmod???

I love Boards but that made me laugh. :D FFS It reads like an aborted episode of Star Trek :rolleyes: After Hours will always be the creche of Boards, be it day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Go to bed!

Sleep when your dead.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

to be honest I dont think its a problem that needs a solution really. There will always be muppets but frankly these days *I* have trouble getting messages accross to the community, a solitary spammer has feck all impact and is cleaned up with a few clicks (somewhere in the 12 region). I don't think this will happen any time soon.

DeV.

no impact just an annoyance...every damn night...anyway it's not such a big problem...(for the night owl squad heh)
    shouldn't you be packing ? :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its 6:30 am and I'm packed. See what this site does to my life!?

DeV.

heh heh,maybe you just take a day to pack or get ready to go out like some people i know....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Pighead wrote:
    Ho Ho He He.that made me chuckle.The king of spammers having a pop at me a mere rookie in the art of spamming.
    Thats akin to Ronaldinho saying to Kevin Kilbane"Oi Kev,enough of that fancy stuff,just keep it simple,play the simple ball"
    And actually for your information Pigheads banning is an administrative error which is being sorted out by the Mods as we speak
    Back to the Unhappy Birthday with you and drink your imaginary vodka my boy. :rolleyes:
    Sheesh its not easy being Pighead,everyone going for the cheap shots all the time.

Ha ha, and i suppose thats why i got a site wide ban eh? and for your information, and even tho you'll be reading this the unbirthday thread went along time and is now in TCN

Advertisement