Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Shooting on Digital 8, uploading on to editing software

• 17-08-2005 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Ok i have a Digital 8 camcorder(sony by the way so presumibly a good model), so close to DV, but damn it also so far. Want to start shooting shorts with it. but dont have any editing software yet.

Tried the free Avid DV, but with no look, as the name suggests... its for DV.

A friend of mine said he could get me Premiere but not sure if i'll be able to upload from my "Digital 8" cam to it, so dont want to get it just yet.

Can anyone please help, can it be done with a Digital 8 cam.

Any help would be apriciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well, I'm guessing it doesn't have firewire out. The software has nothing to do with what formats it can edit. You need to get a capture card that will record from your camera... I imagine it has at least analogue out.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

So do you think if i get Adobe Premiere, i'll be able to upload onto it through USB from my camera to my PC?, i've gotten footage onto my computer before but had no good software to edit it.

Yea.... although getting it onto the computer and then importing it the Premiere isn't the handiest option. Buying a capture card would be a good option if you are going to do a lot of stuff.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Ok not too familar with a capture card can someone tell me a little something about it, even post a link or something.

How much?, where to buy? and exactly what it does?.

Cheers

I'm kind of out of the loop re: Consumer capture cards. Basically they work like a video recorder for your computer. IE, you press play on the camera and it's recorded on the PC.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

I have a Digi-8 and to get stuff on to my computer I had to get a capture card. It didn't cost that much at the time. About €180 I think and if I remember correctly it came with some basic editing software.

Advertisement