Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how'd you do?

Options
  • 17-08-2005 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Some people have their results now, so I figured I'd make a thread where you can share(if you like;)) what you got!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

My Dad's at the post office collecting my envelope as we speak...*puke*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

^^^lazy lol

I know :)

There was NO way I was getting out of bed at 8 in the morning. Still in my pajamas!

OH MY GOD they're in my HANDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,085 ✭✭✭✭L1011

*Roisin* wrote:
    OH MY GOD they're in my HANDS!

And you posted on here before opening them? :rolleyes:

Going down to get them, eh... sometime...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

just back from my school, there were millions of journalists there. just because mary hanafin never leaves the place, I'm sure. we had to wait for her to finish speechifying at them before we could get our results!

and for the record, I did quite nicely for myself. 525 is good, yeah? *cackles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

410 for me. I'm quite happy with that, a nice margin of 70 points to f*ck about with, lol. It turns out I'm the thick amongst my friends :p But that's alright, once I get my course, I don't give a sh*t what everyone else got. For the record though, everyone I've talked to has done really well and is thrilled, so that's great :) I'll have lots of comrades in UCD, assuming my course doesn't suddenly come into demand and shoot up :p So, overall, I'm very happy with my results, and happier still that all of my friends did good!

ps. I got an A2 in higher level English, so I'm thrilled(and quite surprised) with that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

good job Dave ya legend..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

535 wahooooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

175 wahooo.....eh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkdaisy

i got 545!! trinity here i come.... really happy cos i got an A1 in higher english and an A2 in higher italian, and i want 2 do both of those in college so yay!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

455. 10 short of journalism. A2 in English - down from an A1. I'm not sure how I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Wow, 545, congrats!!! I got 410 which I'm happy with. I got more than enough! Yay lol. I wasn't in school for nearly all of 5th year, I was in hospital so I'm quite happy I did okay. Well done to everyone.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard_Fonzie

"455. 10 short of journalism. A2 in English - down from an A1. I'm not sure how I feel."

I'm going for that too. The good thing is that it's dropped 3 years in a row, and this year is the fewest number of people per courses applying ever. There's always DIT :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"455. 10 short of journalism. A2 in English - down from an A1. I'm not sure how I feel."

I'm going for that too. The good thing is that it's dropped 3 years in a row, and this year is the fewest number of people per courses applying ever. There's always DIT :p

Yeah this is true man. I see you got more than enough to do it anyway :) congratulations. I doubt it'll drop too significantly this year - perhaps 5 points. DIT...nah...personally I'd rather do EPL and then a masters in journalism I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

needed 220,
    got 370

couldn't be happier.

congrats to all...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

needed 340 with a C in maths/app.maths

Got 385 with C's in both

Its all tickity boo, roll on this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

CONGRATS all!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

335, happy enought with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 civicgirl

if i fail maths does that mean my leavin cert in failed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

congrats everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

civicgirl wrote:
    if i fail maths does that mean my leavin cert in failed

Pretty much yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Po-2

Congrats all ye deserved it. i wish i did as good only 240.i was shocked with higher geography i thought id get a b or a c1 only got a d.Very dissappointed. :confused::(:confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 civicgirl

era how bad!! im goin to college of comm anyway :p

475! 100 more points than I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

575! Still in shock. English and psychology in Trinity unless the points do something mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Po-2 wrote:
    Congrats all ye deserved it. i wish i did as good only 240.i was shocked with higher geography i thought id get a b or a c1 only got a d.Very dissappointed. :confused::(:confused::(

So many people are unhappy with geography...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

485 :D Only needed 240

4 B1's and a B2 :D (and a C2 and a D1... didn't count the D1 though)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

- B2 in higher level geography

- C2 in higher level Biology (Bit disapointed, felt i did this exam the best and thought i would get a B at least)

- C2 in Higher level History

- D1 in higher level English ( got a B in the mocks to this? ah well Me fail englisch? thats unpossable )

- B2 in ordinary level German

-C3 in ord level Maths ( Thanks god YES! i struggled with maths and got grinds and went from an E to this, im so happy! )

-C3 in ord level Irish ( This was a minor miracle in itself )

total points is 345 and my course is 260 so i should be sorted! :D

And congratulations to the rest of you and hope the future goes well for all of you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

340 si what I got and i'm not happy at all. Only got a D1 in Business and English, down from C1 in the mocks on each. I did get a B1 in Geography even though I failed the mocks. I wanted to do Commerce in galway but taht is now out the window and I may repeat or do Computing Software Devolpment in GMIT. :(

Advertisement