Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how'd you do?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dazzington

Got 405, which I'm pretty happy with. Arts in UCC was 385 last year, so I reckon I'm safe.

Thinking of getting Geography re-checked, though, as I only got a B3, and was expecting at least a high B, if not a low A. Ah well.

Bring on the booze!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Am I the only one who is severely PO'd with the business results. I'm not a genius by any stretch of the imagination but I thought that was the one exam I would do very well in and all I got was a C3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I`m delighted! I got 445 points!

Thats crazy. I was getting like 300 points in summer and christmass tests. I worked really hard though and got 415 in the mocks but weas dissapointed with that cause I got a C3 in ord maths when I needed a B3, was really worried I would`nt get it and I ended up getting an A2!

Mighty!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

500! Pretty happy though I missed out on my scholarship. Physics mark was a good bit lower than I expected so I might have a look at tha script.
    Roll on tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

Got 505 i'm thrilled i needed 500 so i just barely scraped it so i'm very pleased.Yeah me too my physics was substantially lower than i expected i'll be reviewing it no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Gutted is too light a word to describe how i feel.
    Got 480, 5 short of what i need. Had my heart set on the course which has steadily risen over the last few years. Im getting german B1 rechecked and geography B3 rechecked.

C1 in honours maths was nice, but not counting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Got a mixture of C's and a B and a D .. not concerned about points as i'm gonna repeat next year [ even though i could apply as mature student :p ] .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭KamikazeBananze

425 for me. I only needed 350 and C3 Maths. Got a B2. I'm going to TCD Computer Science. Woo.

*celebrates*

I got pretty bad marks in Physics and Geography. I mean, I got higher in Applied Maths than Physics, so there MUST be something wrong!

Congrats to you all. This **** is out of our lives. Hoo-freakin'-ray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Kate_17

600 man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

wow dude well done. Anybody who gets 600 has to earn it. About the physics appealing, there were alot of little things that I found out I got wrong, and even more little things I was relieved I remembered on the day. It was such an easy exam that they wud have marked hard on them, and even so, a whopping 10.6% of people got A1's. Take a look in the independant it has loads of fascinating figures, like that only 0.5% of people who did art got A1's!!! I got 545 points(higher than I expected), well high enough for civil engineering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Irish (H) B2-delighted cos I tried to go down to Pass about 3 times
    English (H) A2-my teacher (who hated me) is sick
    Maths (O) A2
    German (H) B1
    Business (H) B1-up from a D3 in the mocks!
    Economics (H) B3
    History (H) D2-was absolutely convinced I failed so WOHOO!!
    LCVP-merit

465 altogether
    Bring on the alcohol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John57

All higher:

English - A2
    History - A2
    Geography - A2
    Phys Chem - A1
    Gaeilge - B3
    French - B2

(Seventh subject was a B1 in pass maths).

So 525 points overall, I'm well pleased. My goal was to get my first choice on my CAO form, and I should hopefully have that now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

OTliddy wrote:
    civil engineering

I'm UCD, will I see ya there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

*Angel* wrote:
    I'm UCD, will I see ya there?

No, NUIG for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Kate_17

OTLiddy and to all others, well done also on your points. *Angel*, I'm for UCD too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Kate_17 wrote:
    I'm for UCD too.

Cool, good to hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

All HL:

English: A1
    Irish: A2
    Maths: B2
    French: A1
    Biology: A2
    Geography: B2
    History: B2

540 in total, which is not good as that was the level needed for Pharmacy in RCSI (by random selection) last year. So I don't know what will happen.

When I first got my results, I thought I had got 2 B1s and thus 550, until the principal pointed out my mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Ha, lads remember tonight, the all important chat upline...

"So, How'd you do.....?" (Italinan Voice)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

550 so I'm feeling secure about what I want. Hopefully ending up in trinners. Yes yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard_Fonzie

425 for me. I only needed 350 and C3 Maths. Got a B2. I'm going to TCD Computer Science. Woo.

Say hello to Jim & Christian for me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Rredwell wrote:
    All HL:

English: A1
    Irish: A2
    Maths: B2
    French: A1
    Biology: A2
    Geography: B2
    History: B2

540 in total, which is not good as that was the level needed for Pharmacy in RCSI (by random selection) last year. So I don't know what will happen.

When I first got my results, I thought I had got 2 B1s and thus 550, until the principal pointed out my mistake...

Well done that is super!! I want to do pharmacy to but ill be gettn my results next year! wish u all the best!! GOOD LUK everybody with your courses! Tell me how it goes with pharmacy!! good luk again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I got way more points than i needed but somehow got a d in maths(i still can't believe that) so I can't do my engineering course....so essentially my points are worthless. fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

535, so I'm dancing, even if I missed out on my first choice course (History and Political Science, 550). Yay, especially for an A1 in history, and an A2 in english - I thought I'd done badly in both of them. A2 in chemistry and B1 in physics a little surprising, they were my best exams, or so I thought, so I'll be having a gander at them when the checks are on... Everyone seems to have done really well. Thankfully all this sh*t is over and we can go get drunk continually, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

175 wahooo.....eh

no no...my friend miscalculated!!i got 220!!! :D

not great but im happy!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I scored 505 in my mock exams, got 575 in the real thing so I'm delighted. I want to do Architecture in UCD, QUB or UL so I reckon I'll have a choice with a 45pt margin over last year's requirement!

A1's: English, Maths, Geography, Physics
    A2's: Tech Drawing
    B1's: French, Irish
    B2's: Applied Maths

Yeow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

335, very happy about it and passed all 3 subjects i failed in the pre! not bad for not doing much during the 2 years imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

got 525 in the mocks....got 500 in the actual. Not happy at all
    I want law in UCD which was 510 last year. getting geography and economics rechecked for sure. cant get over a C1 in geog! im screwed otherwise

here's hoping........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Would you be able to get in on maybe the second round of offers? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

455 Yeah baby!!! Okay so I failed History but I passed Maths and Irish which, knowing me, was nothing short of a miracle... and an A2 in english! I only needed 370 (Arts in UCD anyone???) so..... :) YES!!!!!!

Advertisement