Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projectors?

• 17-08-2005 9:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Am thinking of looking into getting a projector for home entertainment, but know nothing about them. What price would decent ones start at, and what ones would anyone recommend? It would be for TV/games/Movies, and maybe even comp monitor usage!
    Cheers
    -Cian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dulux

I bought a Projector, Toshiba ET1, last week. infact am expecting it today. My mate got one from Dabs.com/uk for 7.99E a couple of months ago and loves it, so when I looked on dabs I saw a factory recon for £3.17 GBP. with a 100" screen its working out at around 760E (shipping and exchange). Not bad at all.

As for quality of image I was impressed for the money and was quite happy to buy one.

For more info/advice check out - http://www.projectorpoint.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I got me an InFocus X2 - 850 Eurons from Amazon. It has been voted PCW magazine's best projector for the last year or so. Now, it's not top of the range, it's best resolution in 800x600. But, and it's a big but, it does the job for the price.

TV is admittedly a bit crap (that's piped through the TV card/laptop, so there is a loss in quality). DVD's and games, however, are nothing short of incredible.

One thing to bear in mid is the price of replacement bulbs - they have a lifetime of 1000-2000 hours and cost around 300 Eurons. :eek:

Advertisement