Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CoffeeFreak

English A1
    Irish A2
    Maths B3
    French A2
    Art A2
    Physics A1
    Chemistry A1

570, I'm soo happy with that!!! I only need 350!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ashmurph

weldone everyone
    i got:
    irish (o) B1
    english (h) B2
    maths (h) B1
    german (h) A2
    Chemisrty (h) B1
    Biology (h) A1
    accountin (h) A1

i got 540 points which im happy enough with. i needed an A in chemistry but i rang my college 2day and dey said its ok. so im off 2 england in september. yipee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

gutted to see so many A1s in Irish from other schools, i went to an all irish school...they marked our papers off each other and only 3people got A1s.grrr.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My little bro just got his results... He got 165. He's delighted... just started his carpentry apprenticeship last month :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭flowerpotfrog

ash what course you doing in england?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

My little bro just got his results... He got 165. He's delighted... just started his carpentry apprenticeship last month :)

I thought about doing that but the only problem is he could be let go before his four years are up and not be able to finish the apprenticeship anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Maths A1

Irish A2

English A1

Physics A1

Chemistry A1

Biology A1

History A1

Therefore 590. Trinity Here I Come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

talk about a mad day. i got my results in the post and didnt realise it was them for half an hour. :p

Irish (O) B1
    English (H) A2
    Maths (H) B1
    History (H) A1
    Geography (H) B1
    Chemistry (H) A2
    German (H) A2

which is a total of 540. i really didnt know what i wnated when i filled in my cao so im getting a BESS as points stand. might get geography rechecked, and im completely shocked by my german result. the most i was hoping for, on a very veyr very good day was a B1. i went into the exam with only 3 hours sleep. my family are convinced its a mistake :D

anyway i need sleep just in but off to donegal tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

Im on holidays at the moment in sunny spain and just got my results over da internet!!!!!! Absolutely shocked!!!
    Gaeilge A1
    English B1 ( was almost certain i failed this! only got 48% in my mocks)
    French A2
    Maths B1
    Accounting A1
    Biology A1
    Home Ec. B1

I can´t believe i got 560!! wahoo!!!! Only need 420 for commerce in galway!!!! :):):):)
    lol

i thought i did too much work for that course when i got 460!

im over the moon but urs is just mad.. well dont

see ya in a few weeks.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

Biology (H) B1
    Ag. Science (H) B1
    Geography (H) B2
    Music (H) B2
    Irish (O) B3
    English (H) C1
    German (H) C2
    Maths (O) C2

I PASSED MATHS!!!!! My friend taught me maths in 3 days and i got a C2!!!! I respect him now!!!!! I was sure to fail maths if i didnt have his help!!!!! 465 points altogether! Well over my target of 420!!! Nursing in UL HERE I COME!!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭inflight

Sweet wrote:
    Maths A1

Irish A2

English A1

Physics A1

Chemistry A1

Biology A1

History A1

Therefore 590. Trinity Here I Come

Dude.. with 6 A1s is that not 600?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

yeah i noticed that too inflight, but i assume one of sweets's subjects is ordinary level

anyway my results:
    irish (o) A1
    english (h) A1
    maths (h) A2
    french (h) A1
    geography (h) A1
    art (h) B1
    physics (h) A1
    applied maths (h) B2

total 575 points, which should just see me scrape into ucd science. results a bit of a surprise i must admit though. i was getting b3 all the way through the 2 years of french so that was a big surprise. would have liked the a1 in maths since it was always my strong subjetc, but meh, im not complaining complain. delighted overall.
    our school didnt actually give the results out, and since i live in the sticks our post isnt delivered till about 13:00, so me and my dad decided to find the postman, and after about an hour of speeding along winding country roads i had to accost him and wrench the envelope from his hands. it was a slightly fun diversion, really takes your mind off the nerves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Maths A1
    Applied Maths A1
    Physics A1
    Chemistry A1

Grade plummet time
    English B3
    German C1

and in ordinary level I was the recipient of a craptastic B3 in Irish :D

545 points in total which has me very happy considering i only need 320 or so. I'm a bit down on English compared to my A2 in the pre which was the highest in the class and I was never great at German either. I'm a maths fiend.

33 out of 34 people in my Maths class got some form of an A which was fantastic results, except for teh one person who got a B1. Poor guy.

As far as I know there were way fewer A1's in Applied Maths than most years. Marking seemed to be very tough. I personally only know about 6 people who got an A1 in it and that includes two of the 9 A1 people.

Two of them used to be childhood friends when I was younger and now I must ask myself where did it all go wrong for me :D

Went out in Cork last night, such a good night of merriment. Places were packed and we were already in to the club when it was bright which was pretty weird. Class music, much dancing and a couple of shots so everything was great. Much better results night compared to what most people say about their results night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Irish (H) - D1 :D
    Art (O) - C1
    Physics (O) - C1 :)
    English (H) - C2
    Maths (H) - C1
    French (H) - C1
    TG (H) - C1
    Business (H) - C1

All in all a total of 400 points :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

I can´t believe i got 560!! wahoo!!!! Only need 420 for commerce in galway!!!! :):):):)[/QUOTE]

I got 550!!! woo-hoo! only need 420 for commerce in galway too! See you in september :)

Didn't think i would see any a's on my results and i got 4, so happy (and shocked!!!!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

English-B3-Always a bit of a wild card for me
    Irish(O)-C1-meh
    French-C1-Unusally low, don't remember the last time I got lower than a B
    Maths-D2-I passed, woohoo
    Biology-B3-I thought that'd be higher
    History-B1-I thought that paper had screwed me royally I'm so happy
    Classical-A2-Well that's a given really
    445 I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Maths - B3
    Physics - B1
    Accounting - B3
    English (o) A2
    Irish (o) C1
    French (o) C1
    i failed Tech. Graph. As i already mentioned here back when i was doing it.

I'm happy with my 345 points. I only needed 270. Congratulations to everyone that done well. Over 40 people in my year got over 500 points this year, being a record for our school! Happy for all those people too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ashmurph

ash what course you doing in england?
    im doin pharmacy in reading. its just an hour from London. so cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Wow I'm so depressed. Well done everyone. :( I only got 410... more than enough for the course but I feel crap now lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

sephirosis wrote:
    total 575 points, which should just see me scrape into ucd science.

should get yourself a nice scholarship with that score too - fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

I can´t believe i got 560!! wahoo!!!! Only need 420 for commerce in galway!!!! :):):):)

I got 550!!! woo-hoo! only need 420 for commerce in galway too! See you in september :)

Didn't think i would see any a's on my results and i got 4, so happy (and shocked!!!!) :)[/QUOTE]
    cya in that course!

i got 460 and am happy so well done to you.. must be a great feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lynibeth wrote:
    Wow I'm so depressed. Well done everyone. :( I only got 410... more than enough for the course but I feel crap now lol..

Hey, I got 410 and I'm smiling!...well, I was until you made me feel crap :( hehe, just kiddin :p Be happy that you did so well. At the end of the day, it's just a means of getting into your course, so don't think of it as a test of life or something. Who gives a shit about exams? You needed X, and you got X + Y, so consider your goal achieved and once you get your offer, bring some closure to the whole thing. Did you like all your subjects? I sure didn't! So to study subjects I didn't like with some teachers that I hated for 2 years, and manage to get past them, is great! Now we can move on with our lives and continue with something which we wholely enjoy! Can't wait :)

Congrats everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭junglequestions

ahh me little girls and boys. these wont make a spot of difference in a few years time!! especially the way this country is going! all I can say is try to have an interest in what you are doing. dont do anything because you think there is money in it. Enjoy college. drink loads and shag loads (protection also)
    do an erasmus year. its the best thing you can do. see the world. dont waste your summers cuz you'll be working before you know it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

*Angel* wrote:
    French - C3
    Hey good job, I remember you saying you thought you'd fail it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Fishie wrote:
    Hey good job, I remember you saying you thought you'd fail it!

Hey thanx v much! :D I was very surprised... even more surprised that I got a C3 in English aswell which was a much better exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Lynibeth wrote:

Why exactly, i got 320 and im happy with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Bono_85

Accounting - A1
    Biology - A1
    Chemistry - A1
    Economics - A1
    History - A1
    English - A1
    Geography - A1
    Business - A1

Medicine hurrayyyyy can't wait, so excited!!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Bono_85 wrote:
    Accounting - A1
    Biology - A1
    Chemistry - A1
    Economics - A1
    History - A1
    English - A1
    Geography - A1
    Business - A1

Arrrrggghhh congratulations! That's incredible! You must be absolutely delighted, good luck in Medicine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Bono_85 wrote:
    Accounting - A1
    Biology - A1
    Chemistry - A1
    Economics - A1
    History - A1
    English - A1
    Geography - A1
    Business - A1

Congrats on the 8 A1's but didn't you do irish, maths and a foreign language? You won't get into medicine unless you have done at least 2 of them. Or did you do 11 subjects? Doesnt make any sense - unless it's a hoax?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

He prob had already passed irish and maths and lang and then repeated and picked different subjects!

Advertisement