Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC final still floating anyones boat?

Options
  • 17-08-2005 10:58am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Firstly i love BF2 mainly because it looks amazing with some really top maps.
    Lastnight after a recent reformat i reinstalled DC final and forgot just how great a mod it really is.
    I must say i do prefer DC gameplay to that of BF2,i cant explain how but it just feels perfect, plus it has some amazing map design.
    Nice to see lots of populated server in all seeing eye,just wondering if any boards guys are still enjoying DC final?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Dcully wrote:
    Firstly i love BF2 mainly because it looks amazing with some really top maps.
    Lastnight after a recent reformat i reinstalled DC final and forgot just how great a mod it really is.
    I must say i do prefer DC gameplay to that of BF2,i cant explain how but it just feels perfect, plus it has some amazing map design.
    Nice to see lots of populated server in all seeing eye,just wondering if any boards guys are still enjoying DC final?

whats DC Final when its at home?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

whats DC Final when its at home?

http://www.desertcombat.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well I play it a fair bit still I play it on Ice centrals server but I think they are on 0.7 the one before final but you need it installed to have final so im sure ya have it cully. That server see`s a fair crowd and is always good laugh,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

I have it and love it but i never relly play it since i got bf2, although bf2 ofter runs slow on my pc i just cant resist it sometimes! Its suck a brilliant game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I'm the same as Kevin, loved it and played it but I havent
    touched it since BF2 came out.

Just addicted to BF2 and also when i go back to play the
    old 1942/DC .....there is no sprint!!!!

lack of sprint is the worst feeling, you hear bullets whizzing
    past,.....hit shift to sprint to safety......dead.... (no sprint) :mad:.

• Advertisement

ALso the damage assist kills is nice.

But you are right lightning its still better and im not really sure why. My brother game BF2 a lot more play time than even I did and even he still thinks DC is a way better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i never could stand DC, but BF2 has me by the balls. so my heart and mind must follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

One thing I loved about DC was the A10. Beautiful plane, and was great for killing with the gun (the plane was actually built around the gun, believe it or not!), or bombing the flags untill my team took it. When I get a decent graphics card, I'll proberly fall in love with a plane in BF2, but not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I much prefer Desert Combat to BF2, it just feels like you're more in control. I can't explain it....

As for DC, 0.7 beats Final for me... the gameplay is smoother, I've found Final to be very "jerky" and what not.

We're playing @ 195.242.237.17:14567 (icecentral.com Desert Combat) most nights if you fancy joining :)

That is a good server Ciernfo.
    I play on there a good bit and there is uasually a good few there. With all the games im playing these days its hard to get around all the servers I visit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement