Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 pre-order?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Gamestop are taking preorders. No mention of price though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Prices were announced today. Two seperate packages. Bog standard for €299 and the HD ready version for €399. That includes a wireless controller, 20Gb detachable hard drive and some other bits and bobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yeah was wondering which places are taking preorders im personally going to go for the €399 one, plus ill have to get a game aswell, nice christmas present for myself :D
    so microsoft have set the price at €399 so if anyplace charges more does that mean they are breaking microsofts rules or will it be dearer because of a preorder??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

More than likely anywhere charging alot more just hasn't update their website since Microsoft announced the price.

I work in Xtra Vision and we're taking pre-books now.

• Advertisement

I work in Xtra Vision and we're taking pre-books now.
    any deposits required, because i can do a deposit.
    is it all xtravisions because the nearest one to me is rathmines

I presume every store has the facility to pre-book. A desposit of 20euro is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Bf wants one for xmas.
    Will it just be the 2 models or is there anything else i should know about them?
    I was meant to pre-book ages ago but haven't known exactly what to ask for.
    Will they be in different colours & styles like the old one...?
    God i hate shopping for men!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Bf wants one for xmas.
    Will it just be the 2 models or is there anything else i should know about them?
    I was meant to pre-book ages ago but haven't known exactly what to ask for.
    Will they be in different colours & styles like the old one...?
    God i hate shopping for men!

i think they all come the same colour etc but you can change the front (like phone covers etc). and they will probably be the only 2 types. there was rumours of a desktop style one but that seems to have gone off the radar.

after that i'd say it's up to the shops to give extras like controllers or games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Thank you very very much.
    Now i have no excuses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Thank you very very much.
    Now i have no excuses!

hmm in that case should i delate that post! :D

I presume every store has the facility to pre-book. A desposit of 20euro is required.

grand thanks for the info, id assume youd have games also, i hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

GAME is taking preorders now too, for both versions. 20 euro deposit. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭dave oc

Yeah wz the first to pre book in GAME on henry street in city centre so im garenteed to get one on launch :D

Cant wait for november.....
    now just got to decide what games to get ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Dave6195 wrote:
    Yeah wz the first to pre book in GAME on henry street in city centre so im garenteed to get one on launch :D

Cant wait for november.....
    now just got to decide what games to get ;)

My friend said the same, funny :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My friend said the same, funny :rolleyes:
    i prebooked mine in gamestop on Saturday - €25 deposit, can't wait til november now! Don't know what games to get for it though, there seem to be a load of good FPSs but not much else as yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

prebooked in game on liffey st since may 30th.
    beat that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I have pre-ordered mine in Gamestop on Henry ST about a month ago does anyone know if they move you up to the premium xbox 360 since there were 2 prices announced???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm thinking of getting one myself, but I just have one question and I bet no-one can answer it. What happens to all my saved games on my Xbox ?, can I transfer them to the 360 so I can continue the games on the new machine.

K-TRIC wrote:
    I'm thinking of getting one myself, but I just have one question and I bet no-one can answer it. What happens to all my saved games on my Xbox ?, can I transfer them to the 360 so I can continue the games on the new machine.
    i honestly am not sure but i have heard the wireless ability of the 360 should allow you to move files from your PC to the 360, if that is true you could use a max-drive to move the files from your xbox to the PC and then to the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

K-TRIC wrote:
    good point. I'm sure MS will have to provide some method as they'll try to get as many people as possible over to the 360. An ethernet crossover cable might be an easier method for connecting the two machines directly, using a GUI on the xbox360 to browse the xbox1 savegames and copy them to the 360's HD. An adapter for connecting xbox1 memory cards to the xbox360 would be a pain especially since most xbox mem cards are only 8MB and sloooow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No promise that your Xbox games are going to work on the new machine for starters, the backward compatibility has received very little press of late, the other thing is, to all those who are preordering Xbox360, get in fast! There will be very few machines allocated to the Pal territories and even fewer will filter to Irish shops. Go to Gamestop and put down a few bob there, I reckon they will be your best bet.

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    No promise that your Xbox games are going to work on the new machine for starters, the backward compatibility has received very little press of late, the other thing is, to all those who are preordering Xbox360, get in fast! There will be very few machines allocated to the Pal territories and even fewer will filter to Irish shops. Go to Gamestop and put down a few bob there, I reckon they will be your best bet.
    the backwards compatability feature is imbeded in the HD, so the machine will only be backwards compatable if you buy the Premium pack or purchase the HD seperately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

and even if you get the model with the hdd, it will be a number of months before more then a selection of xbox games will work, as MS have to release emulation patchs from live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

anyone know of a link about the official release of the prices etc... pre-booked mine in gamestop in waterford bout a month ago...

Is there anywhere I can prebook it online ? for the actual proper price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

LIGHTNING wrote:
    Dont think so im afraid, I know play.com are charging a shocking price for the system but I dont know if you book it how they work out the price when its released.

Actually they are charging the official price now, & if anyone already prebooked it before now they get charged the official price too. Impressive if they are doing free delivery with that, which by the looks of it, they are.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=hp&page=title&r=X360&title=659411
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=rbrowsea&page=title&r=X360&title=719721

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The thing about playing your old collection of xbox titles on your trusty old xbox is pretty soon you won't be able to buy a new one any more, as microsoft have stopped manufacturing them. They will have a large no. in storage but give it a couple of years and you had better know a good pc repairman as thats the only guy who will help you when your machine goes poof!
    Still won't be able to source the drives though so the best place to archive them and the only way you will be still able to play Halo 2 or Jet Set Radio will be if you dump them to a hard drive in a modded xbox, there's an interesting thing for all you retro collectors out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

skywalker wrote:
    Actually they are charging the official price now, & if anyone already prebooked it before now they get charged the official price too. Impressive if they are doing free delivery with that, which by the looks of it, they are.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=hp&page=title&r=X360&title=659411
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=rbrowsea&page=title&r=X360&title=719721

Nope, they are charging €447.99 (Delivered) for the HDD version on play.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

I have checked with Play.com and they confirmed they are NOT shipping xbox 360's to Ireland. :mad:

Copy of email below...

Dear Job,

Thank you for the email.

We can confirm that we will not be shipping XBOX306's to Ireland.

Unfortunately due to Customs regulations and postal restrictions we are unable to post these out side of the uk.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to you.
    Kind regards

Email Support Team

Play.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

A mate of mine told me you can pre-ordered it at Smiths Toy Stores, where you’ll get a free game with the order, Does anyone know if that's true.?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well I've pre-booked mine in Gamestop. Dunno about the free game thing in Smyths, wouldn't believe it though.

Just head on down to your local Xtra Vis and prebook one there. They get allocated a huge amount due to so many stores around ireland. Or don't if you don't want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Nope, they are charging €447.99 (Delivered) for the HDD version on play.com

Always pay in sterling on play.com, their € conversion rates are shocking. They are charging the official amount in sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

_Turismo4 wrote:
    A mate of mine told me you can pre-ordered it at Smiths Toy Stores, where you’ll get a free game with the order, Does anyone know if that's true.?? :confused:

Well considering so many stores will be selling the 360, it wouldn't suprise me if some start offers like this to get ahead. Good news for us consumers.

I find Smyths to be the best value for buying games, often get them at least 5 euro cheaper than everywhere else. Only down side is having to walk all the way down Henry street to get to it! ;)

• Advertisement

is smyths on the belgard rd doing that offer aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

Just ordered mine today in local xtravision store and surprisingly the guy told me i was first one to preorder one ! Sweet ! :D

job wrote:
    Just ordered mine today in local xtravision store and surprisingly the guy told me i was first one to preorder one ! Sweet ! :D
    yeah i think ill go for xtravision, because their closer to me than smyths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

skywalker wrote:
    Always pay in sterling on play.com, their € conversion rates are shocking. They are charging the official amount in sterling.

Discounting the fact that they will not ship the 360 to Ireland, their price in Sterling is 279.99 GBP = 411.074 EUR. Which is 11.174 cent more then you should pay here.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

yeh well I'm buying mine in denmark....converting at the current rate give 428 euro:S

• Advertisement

Why would you do that hairball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

I went in to Harvey Norman's in the Airside Retail Park to pre-order mine. Conversation went as follows:

Me: Are you taking pre-orders for the Xbox 360 yet?
    Fat Bird: The Wha?
    Me: Xbox 360.
    Fat Bird: The Playstation?
    Me: No, the new xbox that's supposed to be out in November.
    Fat Bird: Never heard of it.
    Me: See ya.

Went to Smyths. Similar fat bird fiasco. But got there in the end.

I went in to Harvey Norman's in the Airside Retail Park to pre-order mine. Conversation went as follows:

Me: Are you taking pre-orders for the Xbox 360 yet?
    Fat Bird: The Wha?
    Me: Xbox 360.
    Fat Bird: The Playstation?
    Me: No, the new xbox that's supposed to be out in November.
    Fat Bird: Never heard of it.
    Me: See ya.

Went to Smyths. Similar fat bird fiasco. But got there in the end.

LOL

At least they didn't ask you if you were sure you weren't after a 'PS2 Handpod'

Laguna wrote:
    LOL

At least they didn't ask you if you were sure you weren't after a 'PS2 Handpod'

Don't you mean the "Playstation 2 PSP Portable Handjob360" ?? , I've preordered mine already in the TV3 online shop.

Advertisement