Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom direct debit double charging?

• 17-08-2005 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

In the past month I've twice been double charged by Smart Telecoms direct debit. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Their billing people seem to be a worthless shower I'm sad to say. I was told that they would look into the previous double charge which was of course a cop-out on their part. They are proving to be a worthless bunch to deal with. I see now why I am always wary of direct debits.

To say I'm not impressed is putting it mildly..

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

We all give access to our accounts too easily and these Companies have no respect for the trust we give.

What is urgently needed is some body (I know another one!) that would have the power to deal with complaints against companied who abuse dd laser etc.

If these companies faced the withdrawal of dd privliges it might cause them to behave properly but at the moment there is no sanction available at all as far as I can see.

I hope that Smart will not be the new esat with regards to their accounts department. I was onto them the other day about another matter and I was distinctly underwhelmed with the level of customer service to put it mildly :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They're probably using the guys that developed Esat's billing system. :)

adam

dahamsta wrote:

adam

developed? :) that's a very charitable description!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dahamsta wrote:

adam

Jesus - I used to be with Digifone and it was no less than distressing - their billing system that is. I had to fight with them to send me a bill. I didn't get a bill for 10 months!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

You're not the only one, machalla. I was debited twice in June. The extra debit was refunded within a few days (I guess someone noticed they'd done them twice). I wasn't debited at all in July (maybe you paid my bill... thanks). Last week I was threatened with disconnection for allegedly not providing direct debit info at all. Go figure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

anyone change their phone line to smart?, ever since we did there seems to be dodgy ppl ringing up every so often from the US usually looking for my father ( as he had a business line with eircom before we changed over). And so they ask for the business owner. It seems as if smart are selling the numbers to companies or eircom are doing it to ppl who have left them or its just a coincidence. Just that I cant remember getting any calls like this really before we switched over.

steve-o wrote:
    You're not the only one, machalla. I was debited twice in June. The extra debit was refunded within a few days (I guess someone noticed they'd done them twice). I wasn't debited at all in July (maybe you paid my bill... thanks). Last week I was threatened with disconnection for allegedly not providing direct debit info at all. Go figure!

Such nonsense - surely they would realise that if you had not provided direct debit information you would never have been connected in the first place?

Sounds like the new esat ok and presumably they have not got many customers to deal with yet!!!
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement